Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
I don't follow a specific diet but I watch what I eat, I lift weights at a fitness center a couple of times a week, ride a bike instead of driving when I can and try to walk a minimum of 5000 steps a day. My weight, blood pressure and cholesterol levels are perfect according to my doctor.

·
Registered
868 Posts
You guys are old, so I wondered if anyone else is on a heart healthy diet besides me?
With the exception of my smoked ribs time to time it is a way of life for my family. It's paid off so far. Doc says my treadmill results (heart) are that of a 28 year old...I'm 53 now:)
Guess I'll die of something else...

·
Super Moderator
5,192 Posts
I've had more then my share of heart issues the last few years, so yes, I watch my diet and try to stay as fit as possible within my restrictions. I have to admit though, I cheat occasionally.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Lot's of it has to do with the roll of the genetic dice. Some are luckier than others. My dad started smoking when he was 13 (and never quit), was a hard hard drinker until he just got too old to do it, and ate bacon & eggs every morning. It finally killed him two weeks shy of his 87th birthday.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finishing up a 12 week round of meds to fight my Hep C. Decided at the start of treatment it was time to get healthy. Work out every day, low sugar, low fat diet. I've lost 25 lbs and my blood work is normal across the board. Going back to the Dr next week to be taken off my high BP meds. I'm 61 years old and feel better than I have in 20 yrs even with the effects of the meds. You can do it if you try.Kurt

·
Registered
277 Posts
Recent studies conclude that saturated fats don't cause heart disease...unsaturated fats don't prevent heart disease. However..if you listen to Dr. Oz (not me)..Sugar starts the cascade of events..Atkins diet in two words .. No Sugar..

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Everything is better with bacon, except chocolate!
But chocolate covered bacon ain't bad. Seriously.

I don't know if I have a terrible diet or not. Mostly because I refuse to buy into fads. Breakfast is generally coffee, followed by more coffee. Occasionally we'll have a couple boiled eggs, or sausage biscuit.

Lunch is not a required meal. Just depends on how busy I am. But if lunch is missed I'll grab some peanut butter crackers or Vienna finger cookies.

Supper is generally steak or chicken or pork chops cooked on the grill, with steamed veggies.

Usually have one to two adult beverages in the evening around supper time.

I'd try to get healthier, but I don't want to outlive my money.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
I'm on the "Mexican healthy heart diet"
If I complain about the food, GiGi will simply stab me in the heart.
So I'm alive and well and the only problem is that I now suffer from dunlap syndrome...
My belly "DUNLAPPED" over my belt...{drum roll}...:D

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For me, it's oatmeal or Cheerios for breakfast, except on Sunday, when I have a bagel or roll and maybe some eggs.

I usually don't eat lunch during the weekdays. On weekends it's usually a sandwich.

Dinner is usually veggies, pasta, maybe soup, or veggie burger or some sort of casserole. Pizza once in a while.

My real downfall is malted milk balls. There is this place near my office that has the best malted milk balls I've ever had. :D

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
My real downfall is malted milk balls. There is this place near my office that has the best malted milk balls I've ever had. :D
OMG! I used to love them as a kid, we had an old fashion candy store in the neighborhood in the early 50's that hand made all their candy. I'll bet it's been at least 60 years since I last had one.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
OMG! I used to love them as a kid, we had an old fashion candy store in the neighborhood in the early 50's that hand made all their candy. I'll bet it's been at least 60 years since I last had one.
You are way over due.

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
For me, it's oatmeal or Cheerios for breakfast, except on Sunday, when I have a bagel or roll and maybe some eggs.

I usually don't eat lunch during the weekdays. On weekends it's usually a sandwich.

Dinner is usually veggies, pasta, maybe soup, or veggie burger or some sort of casserole. Pizza once in a while.

You are way over due.
No longer am I over due for the taste of Chocolate Malted Milk Balls. There was an unexpected box in my mailbox today and much to my surprise it contained "Chocolate Malted Milk Balls. Jeff, (Gmountain) I don't know how to thank you for doing this, it was totally unexpected. I promise you I will savor each and everyone of these sweet little treats.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
I have already broken into each bag and sampled them, they are as good as I remembered. I definitely have to locate a local pusher I mean quality candy store in my area.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Gratuitous LIKE post.gif Good job, Jeff.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts