Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chickadee's comment about having a cleaning table in the drive way with neighbors visiting prompted me to consider how well that would go over in our neighborhood. Probably not so well. Not that we live in a liberal area, duh - it is Georgia, but in the immediate area I'm kinda known as the 'gun guy.' I attribute it mostly to some of my Facebook activity. So, are you the neighborhood gun nut?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Chickadee's comment about having a cleaning table in the drive way with neighbors visiting prompted me to consider how well that would go over in our neighborhood. Probably not so well. Not that we live in a liberal area, duh - it is Georgia, but in the immediate area I'm kinda known as the 'gun guy.' I attribute it mostly to some of my Facebook activity. So, are you the neighborhood gun nut?
Only to the teens that want to date either of my daughters. Right when I tell them "you see how she looks right now? She'd better look just like that when she comes home".

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
I try not to advertise the fact that I'm a gun owner, I prefer to keep a low profile.

Reactions: Marshall

·
Super Moderator
5,191 Posts
I agree with Chuck. I'd rather they didn't know. No stickers on my truck either.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nonononono.gif No overt stickers. There's one NRA sticker on the inside that is hard to through the tint. Other than that, none.

·
Super Moderator
5,191 Posts
Not even an NRA sticker. I will confess that I've got a Kimber hat though.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
I don't advertise anything I do. Having said that I know half the cops in my small town and they know I shoot. I've even frog lubed a couple of their service Glocks for them. They are great guys. Just people doing the job they love.

·
Registered
14,017 Posts
No, not that close with any of my neighbors.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
We have a close neighborhood. We're not the only gun owners, but we do have the most (of the ones we know about anyway). There is an active duty Ranger living next door - he may have more guns than we know about...

We try to go camping with the neighbors right next to us at least once a year - that's when they find out what we've added to our collection.:)

I don't mind the neighbors knowing about our guns, but absolutely no stickers on any of our vehicles.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Besides "Ole Man River" that lives behind me and runs inside like a fat kid to a candy counter when he see me cleaning my guns on the patio...
Nobody knows a thing about my firearms.
My own mother didn't know until my brother told her a few months ago.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Several of my neighbors own guns, but I am the "gun guy". One of my neighbors is a local police officer, and good friend. A while back as soon as I walked in the door from work the phone rang and it was him asking if he could come show me "something". He walked down the block with an UNCASED Sig 556! He had just gotten it and wanted to show it off! I asked him if he were on patrol and saw someone walking down the street with an assult rifle what he would do? Call for backup he replied...

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't think any of my neighbors have any idea, and I like it that way. On the other hand, probably everyone in the county knows I'm a gun person.
Only the ones with internet access. That was my downfall. Too much ranting on FB.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
radio, legal stuff? Just who are you?

Feel like a panelist on "What's My Line"

Reactions: Marshall

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
It was a great show. Some panelists were funnier than others.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK, slight hijack.

I started watching the tv show Maverick when I was just a little tyke. I remember Bret and Bart quite well, but I recently saw a couple of episodes that had Roger Moore as one of the Maverick brothers. I almost threw up. How in the heck did that happen? I'm so glad I haven't lived all these years thinking of him as a Maverick brother.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts