Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I meant to start a poll and add some options but I hit the wrong button and lost my chance. But there are several options to comply if it’s not over turned.
1. is to turn it over to the ATF.
2. Remove and destroy it.
3. Install a 16 inch barrel to the pistol.
4. Fill out a form 1 with your fingerprints, name and address and a picture of your weapon and hope that you are not denied.
I highly doubt that the ATF is going to do all the background work and approve 40 million applications and 120 day period. And they say that if it’s not approved within 88 days it is an automatic denial. And you are then subject to discretionary enforcement action by the ATF.

I just ordered two plain Jane pistol buffer tubes to install on the pistol if it’s not overturned. I believe it will lose in court but that may take more than 120 days; we’ll see. If not, I can always take it in the boat on a fishing trip and hope that I don’t drop it overboard after hitting a large wake.

· Registered
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A fifth option for me would be to pin and weld my 9” suppressor To my 9 inch barrel and then I could just add a regular stock to it. I’m not sure I want to do that yet but it is still an option that I am mulling over. I would end up with an 18 inch barrel suppressed rifle.

· Registered
4,705 Posts
So what are you going to do about your now illegal AR pistol arm braces. In about 100 days the pistol you legally bought Will make you a felon if you have an arm brace installed. It will be considered by the ATF a short-barreled rifle.
First off you probably should educate yourself before you start spreading misinformation.

The "rule hasn't been published to the national register.

The countdown hasn't begun.

Secondly, the rule adds "amnesty", which is another term you might want to educate yourself on.

By asking for a "free" stamp you will be required to send a photo of the offending gun.

That is basically confessing with pictures that you are in fact in possession of an unregistered NFA Item.
If your NICS search takes over 88 days, it will get an automatic denial.
At SHOT, the assistant director of the ATF stated to a GOA attorney that " ANY NICS denial will trigger automatic enforcement action."
There are over 80 million pistol braces that have been sold in the US.

If even a fraction of them try to register them, it will backlog the system for years, triggering millions of auto denials, and millions of law abiding gun owners turned into felons.

Not to mention all the Felons that sent photographic proof they are in possession of an SBR.

FYI:
Simply owning a brace or a short barreled upper constitutes constructive intent according to the ATFs new interpretation.

But the ATF says trust us..we are giving you our word of you register them, you will receive amnesty for the crime you confessed to.

Act accordingly.

· Registered
4,705 Posts
I meant to start a poll and add some options but I hit the wrong button and lost my chance. But there are several options to comply if it’s not over turned.
1. is to turn it over to the ATF.
2. Remove and destroy it.
3. Install a 16 inch barrel to the pistol.
4. Fill out a form 1 with your fingerprints, name and address and a picture of your weapon and hope that you are not denied.
I highly doubt that the ATF is going to do all the background work and approve 40 million applications and 120 day period. And they say that if it’s not approved within 88 days it is an automatic denial. And you are then subject to discretionary enforcement action by the ATF.

I just ordered two plain Jane pistol buffer tubes to install on the pistol if it’s not overturned. I believe it will lose in court but that may take more than 120 days; we’ll see. If not, I can always take it in the boat on a fishing trip and hope that I don’t drop it overboard after hitting a large wake.
Confessing you plan to commit a felony on a public forum is fu¢€ing stupid.

Don't be stupid, and try to bait members into incriminating themselves.

· Registered
4,705 Posts
I'll also add, any imported "pistol" will be denied and you will be required to surrender or destroy it.

Now get off your asses and send money to the FPC and GOA who are actually fighting this rouge agency, and not spending donations on bespoke suits and mansions.

· Registered
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First off you probably should educate yourself before you start spreading misinformation.

The "rule hasn't been published to the national register.

The countdown hasn't begun.
Hey Bad, perhaps you should read the posts previous to yours before you start labeling anybody as uneducated. I’ve been doing my homework and I covered everything that you stated in your post. And the countdown HAS begun because it has been registered already. Catch up bud.

· Registered
4,705 Posts
Hey Bad, perhaps you should read the posts previous to yours before you start labeling anybody as uneducated. I’ve been doing my homework and I covered everything that you stated in your post. And the countdown HAS begun because it has been registered already. Catch up bud.
No, it hasn't.

The AG signed it.
The rule hasn't been published in the federal register.

· Registered
4,705 Posts
Hey bad ninja, put your reading glasses on and check out the fine print. View attachment 135000

You need to read the print, and not assume.

The AG signed it on the 13th.
It was submitted, but has not been published to the federal register.
It literally says that in the first sentence.

Gun owners are their own worst enemy.
They think subjecting themselves to tyranny before the fact is being proactive.

This is why we lose more than we win.

· Registered
4,705 Posts
Be patient forks
It's gonna roll over soon. Just like last time .. 🤞
It 100% won't survive the courts.

US v. Thompson Center -SCOTUS bitch slapped ATF and told them that a carbine conversion kit is legal and if there is a choice of lenient or strict enforcement ATF MUST use the rule of lenity or the most lenient interpretation.

NYSRPA VS Bruen- Justice Thomas wrote that the text, history, and tradition test now governs laws restricting the right to keep and bear arms – invalidating any gun laws that fail to meet its standard.

The power to enact law is reserved for Congress alone, who must then face the voters for their decisions.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts