Kimber Talk Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Worked For Me!!

I got the e-mail, I followed the instructions, I logged in, I changed my password and here I am!! No problemo!!

Security, huh? Is that like to prevent identity theft?? I have thought long and hard about that. I finally reached this conclusion:

WHO IN THE HELL WOULD WANT TO BE ME?? I have days when even I don't want to be me!!!

Shocked!!.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm sorry I'd love to be able to help you guys but this all comes under the power of an administrator.
Thanks, Chuck.

Our new "administrators" seem to be silent on their "upgrade" failure. I've sent several comments, tried the "forgot password" button, and send them an email directly. So far, all I hear is crickets.

Maybe they're overwhelmed because they went and changed all their web sites at one time, and many have failed miserably. Most sensible administrators take things one step at a time, rather than risking fouling up a bunch of things all at once. Oops.

I like the group here at KT, but the recent turn of events has left me a bit miffed. I don't think I'm interested in opening a new account to discuss guns. It's either RustyIron or nothing.

Who is this Phillip guy anyway? And Helena? Hello?

·
Super Moderator
38,019 Posts
Hang in there Rob I'm sure they will get it all straightened out.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Sorry, boys and girls, but your peace and quiet is over. I'm back. Yes, I figured out how to sneak back in, despite the efforts of our new administrators to screw things up.

I was over at the HK forum, where there seem to be more users, and more who were locked out after the "improvements." On guy said that he was able to successfully reset his password by using his mobile device. So I got out the iPad, and voilà, the reset was simple.

It would seem that our new "leaders" are cut from the same cloth as our federal leaders. They all tell a good story of how they'll bring us change, but when things fall apart, we're on our own.

·
Super Moderator
38,019 Posts
Glad to see you made it back into your original account Rob.:D

Reactions: RustyIron

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Sorry, boys and girls, but your peace and quiet is over. I'm back. Yes, I figured out how to sneak back in, despite the efforts of our new administrators to screw things up.

I was over at the HK forum, where there seem to be more users, and more who were locked out after the "improvements." On guy said that he was able to successfully reset his password by using his mobile device. So I got out the iPad, and voilà, the reset was simple.

It would seem that our new "leaders" are cut from the same cloth as our federal leaders. They all tell a good story of how they'll bring us change, but when things fall apart, we're on our own.
I thought the whole reason for the new passwords and security was to keep people like this out.. What the hell??????????/

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Glad you found your way back home brother.
Thanks, and it's none-too-soon, either.

The elves at Kimber just completed testing and putting the final adjustments on my new pistol. They put it on the westbound stage, to be delivered to my FFL holder. It will be a few days until I can do the paperwork, and then a week and a half before I can pick it up.

My original intent was to turn around and sell the new gun. But part of me wants to keep it. Maybe I'll hold on to the new Kimber and sell another 1911 that I'm no longer in love with. There's plenty of time to come to a final decision.

It's good to be back.
Rob

·
Super Moderator
38,019 Posts
I've never sold a gun, I don't have to because every time my son and his family come to town to visit if given a chance he will sneak out with a couple of them. I have to keep buying guns to keep the safes full otherwise the empty spaces bother me.

·
Administrator
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hi guys,

We're really sorry about the annoyance that this has brought everyone. Believe me, it is frustrating for everyone. The reason for this push was because popular social media sites like Facebook and Linkedin have recently been compromised. A lot of people use the same passwords across multiple sites, which can then make bank accounts and other sites with valuable information vulnerable.

~Sheena

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Thanks......hopefully it will go better from here on out! My problem was I missed the second email for a day. I did get the initial one that said it was going to happen.

·
Administrator
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thank you for understanding.
If anyone having issues with the password email, please let us know and will help you out!

Thank you for your patience gang,

Richard.

·
Super Moderator
38,019 Posts
If that was the old Richard that post would have said the same thing only it would have taken a minimum of 6 chapters to say it.

·
Administrator
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Hey guys,

I can confirm that I am indeed a new Richard.
I'll try sticking my explanations to no more than a paragraph, 2 at most!

Thanks for the laugh,

Richard.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Hey guys,

I can confirm that I am indeed a new Richard.
I'll try sticking my explanations to no more than a paragraph, 2 at most!

Thanks for the laugh,

Richard.
Can you explain why this thread will close my Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge browsers when I click on it ??
The only way that I can see it is on my phone..

·
Super Moderator
38,019 Posts
Can you explain why this thread will close my Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge browsers when I click on it ??
The only way that I can see it is on my phone..
There is no explanation Marshall it's magic, plain simple magic. :eek:

Reactions: Ice-and-Snow
21 - 40 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.