Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from vacation to Hawaii. We went to see my son and family. Had a great time with them and the three grandkids. I'm still sore from playing with the two grand daughters. They pretty much wore out this fat old ex-Lineman!!

Did some of the tourist stuff:
We went to Pearl Harbor, IMG_0092.JPG
the Dole Plantation IMG_0143.JPG
the Punch Bowl (The Military Cemetery of the Pacific) IMG_0158.JPG
saw Diamond Head IMG_0154.JPG
and enjoyed Hawaiian sunsets!! IMG_0279.JPG

But mostly it was just family time!! Honolulu is an overgrown metropolis that I avoided like the plague. I truly enjoyed Haleiwa. Even if it is a tourist trap, it was old Hawaii and beautiful. Had a great time at the Haleiwa beach watching the Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles with my grandkids.;););)

Aloha and Mahalo!!

·
Registered
14,005 Posts
Welcome back! Hope to get over there some day.

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
Welcome home Keith, now get caught up on all those posts you missed while you were away LOL.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Welcome back, Keith. Hope all are doing well out there.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Welcome back! Sounds like an awesome vacation!

·
Super Moderator
5,190 Posts
Welcome back Keith. By the way, Hawaii? Really? Most of us hate you!:D

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Went there is '87 and visited 3 islands. I miss it... My first place I made a point to see was Pearl Harbor and the Monument. Heart wrenching for sure. Saw those you also seen too. Beautiful places. Wife wants to go now... Dunno if this broken fart can handle all the walking any more. Glad you had a nice time..

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pure Force of Will!!

Went there is '87 and visited 3 islands. I miss it... My first place I made a point to see was Pearl Harbor and the Monument. Heart wrenching for sure. Saw those you also seen too. Beautiful places. Wife wants to go now... Dunno if this broken fart can handle all the walking any more. Glad you had a nice time..
I know what you mean about the walking thing!!!:eek::eek: My knees, with 25 years of telephone pole climbing on them, do not handle much walking anymore. Through pure force of will and a sit down break or two along the way I made it! :cool::cool::cool:

Being a history nut from a military family, I was compelled to see every spot on Oahu that the Japanese bombed or shot up. I SAW THEM ALL!!: Pearl Harbor, Ford Island Naval Air Station, Wheeler Army Air Field, Marine Corps Air Station Kaneohe Bay, Schofield Barracks (My son is stationed at Schofield Barracks. I saw the old buildings from WWII that, although now renovated, still have 20mm cannon and 7.7mm machine gun bullet holes in them.), Haleiwa Army Air Field, Bellows Army Air Field and Hickam Field

1 - 9 of 9 Posts