Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 5" LW Arctic 1911 back today. 3 day turn around for repair plus 4 days in the mail.
I apparently stripped the grip threads where the bushing is placed.
I sent it in with a request to fix the bushing and said there was some FTF.

This is what I got back...
Fit Oversized Bushing
Adjusted Extractor
Refinished Barrel
Chamber Reamed
Replaced Barrel Bushing
Test fired with 4 rounds of 4 American Eagle 23 grain 45 ACP
Inspected by Quality Control
Cleaned and Oiled after Testfire

My total cost $0.00

Will test it out this weekend

·
Registered
147 Posts
I wasn't familiar with the ARCTIC KImber, so had to look it up. Pic is off Kimbers site. Thats a really pretty gun.. I especially like the grips. Does it feel different to shoot with the aluminum frame ? Glad Kimber fixed you up quick, and hope it runs good now...
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
SF, glad you got your pistol back from the mothership. From my personal experience, it should run like the proverbial top now.

Pity you had to send it in to get it finished to the degree the factory should have had it PRIOR to shipping in the first place. I'm hoping someone at Kimber looks at these forums to pick up on the feelings of those who purchase their products to get their QC act together properly. When you send a gun in to them, they do wonderful work and get it back to the owner quickly, but DANG Kimber, why not 'finish' these pistols properly in the first place?

Excellent customer service, now try to concentrate on QC at the production level there, Kimber!

·
Registered
131 Posts
SF, glad you got your pistol back from the mothership. From my personal experience, it should run like the proverbial top now.

Pity you had to send it in to get it finished to the degree the factory should have had it PRIOR to shipping in the first place. I'm hoping someone at Kimber looks at these forums to pick up on the feelings of those who purchase their products to get their QC act together properly. When you send a gun in to them, they do wonderful work and get it back to the owner quickly, but DANG Kimber, why not 'finish' these pistols properly in the first place?

Excellent customer service, now try to concentrate on QC at the production level there, Kimber!
had a pal who sold GM cars in the 70s and told me GM shipped new cars knowing full well that the dealership would have to fix/replace parts to make them right. the blame was with Detroit's marketing and monthly quotas for shipments. Just saying, as I have zero proof of this

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I wasn't familiar with the ARCTIC KImber, so had to look it up. Pic is off Kimbers site. Thats a really pretty gun.. I especially like the grips. Does it feel different to shoot with the aluminum frame ? Glad Kimber fixed you up quick, and hope it runs good now... View attachment 126980
Thanks. This was my first Kimber. I liked the feel of it enough to buy three more. I have the Pro Carry II, the Ultra Carry II, and the Micro 9.
The wife is sick so we can't go shooting this week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts