Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best brand of magazine for the Kimber 22lr conversions? I have the target model on a custom II, with the factory mag. There is a lot of lateral clearance inside the mag, and occasionally the rounds will get cocked so much that the follower won’t push them up enough for the slide to catch them. Figured I’d ask for advice before spending a ton to learn what you guys already know! Thanks

·
Super Moderator
37,745 Posts
I've got 8 Kimber factory mags for my 2 kits and haven't had any problems with them.

·
Registered
13,772 Posts
I can't remember off hand but I have at least 10 of the Kimber factory magazines. Now I've not used them a lot (yet) but they have worked fine in a Target and Compact kits on a Master Carry Pro and a CDP Ultra.

Now in a different thread here on KT I learned about another source of conversion magazines. From (GSG) German Sport Guns Magazines. Website says they are made of metal instead of plastic like the Kimber mags, also the GSG mags are $24.95 per unit. I think I paid about $34 buck each for the last Kimber 22 mags I bought.
I'm going to order 2 of the GSG magazines and try them out.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I can't remember off hand but I have at least 10 of the Kimber factory magazines. Now I've not used them a lot (yet) but they have worked fine in a Target and Compact kits on a Master Carry Pro and a CDP Ultra.

Now in a different thread here on KT I learned about another source of conversion magazines. From (GSG) German Sport Guns Magazines. Website says they are made of metal instead of plastic like the Kimber mags, also the GSG mags are $24.95 per unit. I think I paid about $34 buck each for the last Kimber 22 mags I bought.
I'm going to order 2 of the GSG magazines and try them out.
These were the same brand I used-all functioned great including last shot hold open.

·
Registered
13,772 Posts
Yeah, your post was the first time I heard about (GSG) so I checked them out, not ordered yet but going to.

Reactions: bad ninja
1 - 5 of 5 Posts