Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Ultra crimson carry II I have been carrying in a crossbreed CC holster. After a few months of carry the pistol is showing holster wear. What CC holster is recommended?

Just looking for a few options from members that are currently CC carrying. Brands, comfort, pistol wear etc...

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
First, welcome to the forum.
Any gun that's carried will eventually show holster wear. In my opinion Kydex holsters are harder on the guns finish then leather. There is an endless number of holster makers out there that can supply a quality leather product. Buying a holster is like buying a pair of shoes though. What fits me may not be the right fit for you. Do a search for holsters and have some fun shopping!

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois HAZE. We're not licensed to start carrying in Illinois yet but we've got a lot of members here that have been doing it for years. I'm sure one of them will be along to help you.

Edit: Cruses, foiled again by Islander.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I like the Texas Heritage from Tucker Gunleather. I have never been fan of Kydex.

My holsters have velcro clips. I love those. Very discrete and secure. I get my belts from TheBeltman.net, and have the velcro liners on the belt.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Welcome from NY. try as many as you can before you buy them. right now I'm using a Tagua owb.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Welcome to the group.

I'm one of those people who believe there is no single solution to concealed carry. Like Islander said, use it and it will show. That said, I have several holsters, inside and outside. It all depends on what I'm wearing and where I'm going. To me, the only real important consideration is that you always wear the gun in the same place. If you do, for some reason, change it's location make sure it is so constantly obvious to you that you don't waste precious seconds trying to find it.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Here is a link to many holster manufactures.

Holster manufacturers - THR

Take your time and compare them and you will find the right answer.

It has to look good, feel right and work correctly for you. May not work for everyone but as long as your happy that is all that matters.

Welcome a board.:)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just looking for a few options from members that are currently CC carrying. Brands, comfort, pistol wear etc...
Hey Haze, as others have said, there are soooo many choices out there in holsters. I, like many, have a drawer full of them. It takes time to find one that's consistently comfortable and secure.
I use an Alien Gear holster IWB daily. Alien Gear Holsters Took about a week for the leather to 'break in', and it's great. I'm a 1911 guy, so I carry different sized guns depending on the clothes or situation. All my 1911's fit securely in the one Alien. The other thing I like about them is their lifetime warranty. It's a good holster and USA company. I also have CT grips. I had to dremel a notch in the Kydex so the laser cleared. Took me longer to get the tool than to do the work. It's really easy. I can sent a pic if you'd like.
The other holster I've been trying out this winter in the Remora 'no clip' IWB. Browse Products It's freaky how this thing stays put, but it does. I bought one of their mag holders also, for my front pocket spare mag. You have to heat and cool the Remora to get a custom fit around your pistol. (There's a video on their site) I did this for my Kimber. It fits perfectly, and is very small, UN-noticeable, and secure.
I hope this helps a bit. Be safe.

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
Hey Haze, as others have said, there are soooo many choices out there in holsters. I, like many, have a drawer full of them. It takes time to find one that's consistently comfortable and secure.
I use an Alien Gear holster IWB daily. Alien Gear Holsters Took about a week for the leather to 'break in', and it's great. I'm a 1911 guy, so I carry different sized guns depending on the clothes or situation. All my 1911's fit securely in the one Alien. The other thing I like about them is their lifetime warranty. It's a good holster and USA company. I also have CT grips. I had to dremel a notch in the Kydex so the laser cleared. Took me longer to get the tool than to do the work. It's really easy. I can sent a pic if you'd like.
The other holster I've been trying out this winter in the Remora 'no clip' IWB. Browse Products It's freaky how this thing stays put, but it does. I bought one of their mag holders also, for my front pocket spare mag. You have to heat and cool the Remora to get a custom fit around your pistol. (There's a video on their site) I did this for my Kimber. It fits perfectly, and is very small, UN-noticeable, and secure.
I hope this helps a bit. Be safe.
If you notice in Haze's first post, he has a Cross Breed and is looking for something other then Kydex.

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
You sure about that Steve? I read it as getting info on what others are using...
You know, in his post all he mentioned is that he has the Cross Breed and that it's causing holster wear. The rest of his comments were in the PM he sent me. Sorry for the confusion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts