Kimber Talk Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to say my 17 month old Pug died this morning after losing a 3 week battle with liver failure. He ate some chicken jerky from china. The markings about country of origin were so tiny it took a magnifying glass to make it out. There not only trying to kill us with covy, they are poisoing our dogs. After doing some research on chicken jerky i found that a brand sold by wally world is being investigated by the fda. We try very hard not to buy anything from those yellow bastards, but it is tough. America lets them sell anything here.
Sorry to be bitter, but im pissed, i loved that little dog.

·
Super Moderator
38,415 Posts
I am sorry for your loss, years ago it was rawhide chews from China that was making dogs sick.
The US Food and Drug Administration has linked jerky pet treats to a severe condition called the Fanconi Syndrome (FLS), which could result in fatal kidney failure. Most of the treats in question are sourced from China. Although most reputable pet stores no longer carry these products, they’re still abundantly available online and in some pet supply stores.

As of 2015, there had already been more than 5,000 complaints and over 1,100 canine deaths related to this issue. The FDA’s investigation revealed that some treats contained antibiotics while others were formulated with anti-tremor drugs. However, they have yet to discover the main FLS triggers.

Any product, food, treat or toy must be made in the USA or I won't give it to my guys.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. I can sympathize as we lost a dog to tainted food with Chinese ingredients about 14 years ago. My female Katie was petite and her first litter really drained her. For her next pregnancy (it wasn't planned) I was supplementing her normal dry food with top of the line canned stuff from the pet store. I'm not going to mention the brand because as it turned out many brands were effected. There was an ingredient from China that somehow produced the impression that the food was high in protein when tested? At the time I had a duplex close to campus here in Athens. As I traveled for work frequently I could have a room mate to look after things while I was away, win win kinda thing. My housemate at the time was a Japanese girl (she's a DR in Atlanta now) and her mom had been visiting from Japan. She fell in love with the pregnant Katie and was sad she needed to leave before the pups came. I flew home from KS the week the pups were due. I set up the laundry room as a nursery as it was late October and getting nippy outside and the pups were due at any moment. On a Saturday afternoon I was getting dinner ready and cut a small slice of steak off for Katie as a treat. My roommate was studying, my girlfriend (now wife ) was chilling. I put the steak on a saucer and brought it to Katie in the nursery. She looked up at me, put her head down and quietly died? The pups were never born and needless to say we were all traumatized. I buried Katie on a friends farm the next morning. My roommate's mom in Japan was put on antidepressants... A few weeks later it came out that the expensive food was recalled due to the impurity. It turned out there was a similar situation with human medicine from China and people died as a result. The guy in China who was deemed "responsible" was executed if I'm correct???
Here's the thing, today MOST of the vitamins and many pharmaceuticals as well either have ingredients or are produced in guess where? Yup China...

...here's a pic of Katie (left) Dusty, the dad (center) and TwoDot the wonder dog (on the right). This was a few weeks prior to that Saturday.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to hear about your loss. I can sympathize as we lost a dog to tainted food with Chinese ingredients about 14 years ago. My female Katie was petite and her first litter really drained her. For her next pregnancy (it wasn't planned) I was supplementing her normal dry food with top of the line canned stuff from the pet store. I'm not going to mention the brand because as it turned out many brands were effected. There was an ingredient from China that somehow produced the impression that the food was high in protein when tested? At the time I had a duplex close to campus here in Athens. As I traveled for work frequently I could have a room mate to look after things while I was away, win win kinda thing. My housemate at the time was a Japanese girl (she's a DR in Atlanta now) and her mom had been visiting from Japan. She fell in love with the pregnant Katie and was sad she needed to leave before the pups came. I flew home from KS the week the pups were due. I set up the laundry room as a nursery as it was late October and getting nippy outside and the pups were due at any moment. On a Saturday afternoon I was getting dinner ready and cut a small slice of steak off for Katie as a treat. My roommate was studying, my girlfriend (now wife ) was chilling. I put the steak on a saucer and brought it to Katie in the nursery. She looked up at me, put her head down and quietly died? The pups were never born and needless to say we were all traumatized. I buried Katie on a friends farm the next morning. My roommate's mom in Japan was put on antidepressants... A few weeks later it came out that the expensive food was recalled due to the impurity. It turned out there was a similar situation with human medicine from China and people died as a result. The guy in China who was deemed "responsible" was executed if I'm correct???
Here's the thing, today MOST of the vitamins and many pharmaceuticals as well either have ingredients or are produced in guess where? Yup China...

...here's a pic of Katie (left) Dusty, the dad (center) and TwoDot the wonder dog (on the right). This was a few weeks prior to that Saturday.
Thanks for your moving story. Our Eddy went out to the corner of the yard and curled in a ball, when the wife found him he would not come out, she had to go pick him up, he died early this morning at the vets office, its like he knew it was over and did not want us to see him go.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Bigdog and Mark, I'm heartbroken to read your stories, truly heartbroken. As a lifelong dog lover, it tears me apart to read of this crap, like Covid-19, it's courtesy of our new arch enemies, the CCP.

Know that there are us out there who feel your pain, and wish there was some way, however remote, that we could get justice from those responsible for poisoning both us and our beloved pets. Someday......

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I still see rawhide and treats from China at our local Wallyworld. Kracker the Hound only gets U.S.A. made treats.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. :(

This seems to happen at regular intervals every few years, especially with dog jerky. China has some of the worst industrial pollution in the world, and they can’t seem to keep it out of food processing plants.

Reactions: Aviator

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
WHO KNOWS WHAT IS IN MOST OF OUR MEDICINE THAT USE CHINESE FILLERS

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. :(

This seems to happen at regular intervals every few years, especially with dog jerky. China has some of the worst industrial pollution in the world, and they can’t seem to keep it out of food processing plants.
If it is to be shipped to America, they putting it in purpose.
This isnt the first time.
It also happened with toothpaste.
There is no recourse.
Why would they stop?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

(Hanlon's Razor)

Reactions: Rick in Oregon

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

(Hanlon's Razor)
"Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.”
-Grey's Law

Does it really matter?

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I've noticed over the past year or so more and more food items turning up with China as a country of origin? It's hard to believe it's economical, such a long way to ship? One thing in particular I've found to watch is almonds and walnuts. Our local large corporate grocers even have product with the "organic" designation that came from China? What's up with that???

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's pretty much impossible to go into any store these days and not find something with Made In China on it. They also own a lot of US Gov't debt in the form of T-bills and other specie. They have turned their back on Mao's Communism while retaining his totalitarianism, and they have become yet another form of the same old Imperial China seen so often over the last couple of millennia -- as we can see by their actions in the SE Pacific.

But I fear we're straying a ways from the OP's post.

🐶

Reactions: cousinmark

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I've noticed over the past year or so more and more food items turning up with China as a country of origin? It's hard to believe it's economical, such a long way to ship? One thing in particular I've found to watch is almonds and walnuts. Our local large corporate grocers even have product with the "organic" designation that came from China? What's up with that???
China also owns tons of farms here.

"Orgainc" on a label doesn't mean what you think it means.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
China also owns tons of farms here.

"Orgainc" on a label doesn't mean what you think it means.
I think Llew is correct and maybe a new thread would be called for if we're going to have a conversation about the nutritional benefits of eating organic. We are what we eat 🍎

·
Registered
77 Posts
"We are what we eat"

Melamine? LOL

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I think Llew is correct and maybe a new thread would be called for if we're going to have a conversation about the nutritional benefits of eating organic. We are what we eat 🍎
Organically grown crops are fantastic.

Dont miss the forrest for the trees.

Organic and "an FDA approved Organic label" do not mean the same thing.

Please do start a thread if you would like to learn more about where your food comes from and how it is grown.
My family have been farmers for 6 generations.
We have also farmed for Del Monte, and are certified Vidalia Onion growers.
I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Buy local.
Grow what you can.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.