Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Nothing is easy to find these days, especially for a decent price.

When I bought my SS Raptor in 2015 they were out there but the price was very high. I found one for under $1300 which was a bargain at the time. Eventually they were back in stock and readily available. I was seeing them sell for $1000. I even saw a few for less.

Hang in there and be patient, it’s a popular new model and they will be back.

·
Banned
8,281 Posts
Black ice? Now I've heard everything.

In Wisconsin, both our white citizens and our black citizens have to drive (and collide) on the same frozen highways during winter time. However, if California ever does suffer from sleet, I wouldn't be surprised if African Americans get their own highway ice...

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Black Ice matters!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Just to make you a tid-bit jealous my buddy bought two of them about a month ago.. yes 2
He has two daughters and one day pass them along

·
Banned
8,281 Posts
My latest is the RAPIDE Black Ice
I did not know what that was, until I saw it. Now I want one, too. I figure that 'toy' will cost me 13 to 15 perfectly polished knives. Like I told my wife, "I'm thinking, I'm thinking..."

Good night, everyone...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I pick up mine last night. Found it at local Cabela's. Priced under retail. Going to shoot it this weekend.

Couple first impressions. Trigger breaks clean, slight take up then a solid break. It's a little heavy for me personally but we'll see what it's like after a few hundred rounds are ran before I make a solid judgment if I'm going to lighten it up at all.

The Rapide also has no firing pin safety. Doesn't matter to me but it might to some.

I'll give my full range report in a few days

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Rapide Black Ice.

Robby05:
Congrats on a fine purchase, and welcome to the forum. I've have one of these nice pistols on order now since May. There are not many of these available @ MSRP. They are going for much more on the auction sites.You made a very good purchase! What caliber did you get? I ordered the 10mm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally made it out to shoot. Gun is chambered in .45acp. Ran 300 rounds, both ball & hollow points 230gr, and the gun ran flawless besides the garbage factory magazine. Had 4 other Mec-Gar mags that ran with no issue. Really like the gun & my friends I was out with enjoyed it as well. It's very accurate. It wore out the center of paper targets with ease. The sights are great, really easy to stay on target for follow up shots.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Robby05, Sounds like the range session was everything we have come to expect from our Kimbers. About the only thing you might want to consider changing out, after another 1000 rounds, is the main spring, switching for the Wilson Combat Flatwire assembly. The spring life is 10x.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got on Cabela's will call list a month or so ago. Got an email yesterday that a Rapide is available. Ordered it last night. No screaming good deal, but I'm just excited to be getting one.

Said 5-8 days. Got my fingers crossed. DON'T KNOW HOW IN HELL THEY FOUND ONE ?!

More when I hear back from them. Cabela's is 20 min. from the house.

Hate Cabela's, excited about getting the pistol though.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I like the front strap dimpling.

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ordered it last night. No screaming good deal, but I'm just excited to be getting one.

Said 5-8 days. Got my fingers crossed. DON'T KNOW HOW IN HELL THEY FOUND ONE ?!

More when I hear back from them. Cabela's is 20 min. from the house.
Ordered mine from C on 10/11...hoping it arrives by the weekend. $100 off MRSP is a screaming deal if you look at what they're going for on GB.

Hard time deciding between Black Ice an original Rapide, black w/ gold barrel in 45ACP. Went 9mm but a gun this size almost begs to be a larger caliber. Even considered 10mm. Cost of ammo and how much I'll want to shoot it - a lot -played a role. And not hunting with it. Should handle +p pretty nicely.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts