Kimbertalk.com banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
SEEMS LIKE I ALWAYS PICK SOMETHING I WANT TO BUY, THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND.

My latest is the RAPIDE Black Ice. Kind of futuristic looking. But it IS bad-ass
Just got mine in 10mm on Oct 1st and yes there Bad Ass :D:D

·
Registered
13,542 Posts
I think my new motto is "buy'em when you find 'em."

Congrats! Always good to hear about a problem FREE range session.

Reactions: Oklahomabound

·
Registered
43 Posts
I picked one up about a month or so ago in 9mm. As one might imagine, a 46 oz (loaded) 9mm has little recoil. Love the sights, rears are bright green and I like the orange circle / white dot in front. Being such a large pistol, I half regret not getting it in 45, but on the other hand it's not for carry and factor 9 ammo is so much cheaper than 45 I can afford to shoot it more.

At the opposite end, I bought a Sig 1911 Ultra the following week (3.3" bull barrel) and my groups with it are just as good and seemingly more consistent. This is most likely me, not the pistol itself.

Strangely, my Micro 9s group just about as well at 25'! I was reviewing targets last night and the Micro 9 with laser grip is just stupid accurate. Sternum level hold, laser sighted groups' extreme spread are almost as good as the other 2 pistols but not so many rounds in the same ragged hole. But come on, laser sighting is just point, hold on and shoot. But I digress....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Really like the Black Ice 9mm Micro...of course NO ONE has any in stock! These store must get one in stock and then put out sale flyers.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Got mine from Cabela's. Keep checking. Kimber is shipping a few & Cabela's is a preferred retailer. Same with the Micro model. I check all the time. Some days they have one, most days they don't.

My luck has NOT been good with the Micro's, but I think I'll get one any way. My full size is lonely.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yep Cabela’s gets them in on a consistent level...
I picked up my micro 9 Rapide and they always have the full size sitting there..
Love the little Rapide.. typical Micro it had some issues but it’s fine now..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Finally got to the range this morning with the Black Ice. TOTAL disappointment. Ran 3 mags through it & not one round loaded on its own. Had to manually rack it & push it into battery. Was using Rem 115 gr. fmj ammo. The Kimber mag & then some other brands.HELP !!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I assume your talking about the MICRO RAPIDE
Yes they have been known to have a problem out of the box...
strip it.. clean and lube well.. use factory ammo
And hold firm.. it might take 100 rds or so to work it self out... a lot of folks including me had a issue.. don’t give up..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ironically I was walking through Bass Pro looking at CCWs and the only thing they had was a Micro 9 Rapide Black Ice. Picked up extra mags from Kimber and now just waiting on the two holsters I bought; a Galco Summer Comfort arriving Sunday and a Wilson Leather Works custom arriving in 10 weeks.

Range report over in the Micro 9 section...

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I assume your talking about the MICRO RAPIDE
Yes they have been known to have a problem out of the box...
strip it.. clean and lube well.. use factory ammo
And hold firm.. it might take 100 rds or so to work it self out... a lot of folks including me had a issue.. don't give up..
NOT a Micro. Full size 9mm.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Cleaned it thoroughly a lubed it up like we did for a new pistol at the range in the CORPS. Field stripped & cleaned it, put FLITz on the rails & cycled the slide without the spring about 500 hundred times. Changed out the barrel from my LW. The PAPIDE ran like a watch. Ram a total of 1 50 rd box of Fed. American Eagle. thn 20 rounds of STREAK 147 gr. Reassembled both guns with their respective parts. & now both are running 100%

Put a smile on my face anyway.

Guess there was a burr on the rails or that gun really hates Rmington UMC.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts