Number of gun stores in Chicago

Number of places to buy a gun in Huston

Homicides in Chicago in 2012

Homicides in Huston in 2012

·
Super Moderator
38,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Houston and Chicago didn't crack the top 10 according to the FBI stats on Americas most dangerous cities for 2013..
St Louis slipped to #3 since holding the #2 spot for the last few years...

Most dangerous cities in the United States in 2013 - FBI big cities' data - National Conservative | Examiner.com
The numbers I quoted are for homicides, the FBI numbers you are quoting are for violent crime.

Definition of homicide is:

1: a person who kills another

2: a killing of one human being by another

The FBI defines "violent crime" as .......

In the FBI's Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program, violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. Violent crimes are defined in the UCR Program as those offenses which involve force or threat of force.

The numbers they are using are like comparing an apple to an entire fruit market.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
The numbers I quoted are for homicides, the FBI numbers you are quoting are for violent crime.

Definition of homicide is:

1: a person who kills another

2: a killing of one human being by another

The FBI defines "violent crime" as .......

In the FBI's Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program, violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. Violent crimes are defined in the UCR Program as those offenses which involve force or threat of force.

The numbers they are using are like comparing an apple to an entire fruit market.
That explains why the 'Murder Capital of the US' is only at #46 on their list! Thanks for the clarification.

·
Super Moderator
38,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That explains why the 'Murder Capital of the US' is only at #46 on their list! Thanks for the clarification.

You're most welcome, since I live near the country's largest cesspool I feel obligated to let everyone know which way the wind is blowing.

Reactions: bigdog10
1 - 9 of 9 Posts