Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firearms Policy Coalition is a great 2A organisation.

Where was the NRA?

In the opinion, the Court ruled that many categories of firearms California bans as so-called “assault weapons” are protected by the Second Amendment, and that “[t]he Second Amendment stands as a shield from government imposition of that policy.” It went on to order an injunction against “Defendant Attorney General Rob Bonta, and his officers, agents, servants, employees, and attorneys, and those persons in active concert or participation with him, and those duly sworn state peace officers and federal law enforcement officers who gain knowledge of this injunction order or know of the existence of this injunction order,” preventing them “from implementing or enforcing” the following:

• California Penal Code §§ 30515(a)(1) through (8) (defining an “assault weapon” by prohibited features);
  • § 30800 (deeming those “assault weapons” a public nuisance);
  • § 30915 (regulating those “assault weapons” obtained by bequest or inheritance);
  • § 30925 (restricting importation of those “assault weapons” by new residents);
  • § 30945 (restricting use of those registered “assault weapons”) ;
  • §30950 (prohibiting possession of those “assault weapons” by minors); and,
  • the penalty provisions §§ 30600, 30605 and 30800 as applied to “assault weapons” defined in Code §§ 30515(a)(1) through (8).

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Looks like I can move to CA right now and have more gun rights than I do here in CT. Oh, wait, that was already true...

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
436 Posts
I liked what the Firearms Policy Coalition is doing so I just had to give them a donation. Kudos to them.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like I can move to CA right now and have more gun rights than I do here in CT. Oh, wait, that was already true...
If this sticks, as it should, it will set precedent.
Its a win for every American.

I liked what the Firearms Policy Coalition is doing so I just had to give them a donation. Kudos to them.
They are good people who are doing what the NRA should have done decades ago.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Surprised the 9th Circus hasn't put their 2 cents in yet.
The other commie states like NY and NJ don’t want them to push the issue. If it goes to the Supreme Court it would destroy their gun control rules. Like the DC case, this is over and will only affect California. But we’ll have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
The other commie states like NY and NJ don’t want them to push the issue. If it goes to the Supreme Court it would destroy their gun control rules. Like the DC case, this is over and will only affect California. But we’ll have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We can only hope that someone from those states will pick up on this and challenge their respective gun laws and cite the CA case in court.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts