Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the Firearm! Only one issue! When ejecting the brass, it is hitting the rear ejection port and leaving marks on the finish that doesn’t come off! Called Kimber and they said this is normal. I find this hard to believe!
Anyone else having this happen?

·
Registered
355 Posts
It is fairly normal. A couple of mine have done that too. I’ve read some accounts on the 1911 forum that even some of the higher end guns like Wilson have this issue and Wilson themselves said it’s common. The main thing is that the empty cases are consistently being ejected and not causing malfunctions.

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
I agree. fairly common. I've seen it before I have a Colt thats done it.

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
Have tried this and it didn't work. Gun smith tried

Using 158 gr, 8.2 Power Pistol! Middle load!!
Huh.
Takes it off my ARs and used to clean brass marks off my HK, which occasionally did the same thing.
Must be sticking to the Kimpro finish.

·
Registered
73 Posts
This probably won't answer your question, but here's a video of Kimber customer service testing a Camp Guard 10 operating perfectly (as expected) with high quality ammo. You can stop the video to go frame by frame. This is reduced resolution, but even in the high res version, it's kicking them out impressively. There's no way it isn't hitting the slide and leaving some brass. Look for yourself, 90* to the side, just spitting out there.

I guess their protocol is to wear vests in case a gun blows up or something...probably an insurance thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts