Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

I love my 1911. Many do and for many generations. But with the current handgun trends of less weight and more powerful chamberings, is it time for a new operating system? Browning's recoil operating system was a step above blowback systems. It effectively handles cartridges up to magnum levels before reaching it's limits. Gas operation systems can handle the powerful cartridges but the complexity restricts it to niche markets; think of the Desert Eagle. When a Browning recoil handgun attempts to handle cartridges such as 10mm, extra weight must be added to maintain shootability. It's been over a hundred years. It's time for a new operating system!
I have that new operating system.
Just imagine a scandium slide/polymer frame handgun chambered for 10mm that is shootable and can be carried easily. Bringing high pressure cartridges to the EDC market while keeping them lightweight is the order of the day. I have a new recoil and gas operation system just waiting to move the firearms industry forward. Slightly more complex than Browning but much less than a Desert Eagle. Recoil mitigation, as in how that recoil is transmitted to the shooter's hand, is the key to combining both these trends in a new handgun operating system.
After the FBI finishes it's intellectual property theft investigation in Rutherford County, TN, I will bring this to market. Get ready to say goodbye to Browning's masterpiece of yesteryear. It has served us all, very well.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Dude, if it comes from you or your shop, I'd tell everyone I know that any sale of your new wonder operating system will fund left wing commie Marxist political candidates.

You may like firearms as much as we do, but you are just not welcome here. Replacing JMB's 100+ year old design with yours.......uh huh, right. Time to go buy another 1911. Don't let the door.......

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude, if it comes from you or your shop, I'd tell everyone I know that any sale of your new wonder operating system will fund left wing commie Marxist political candidates.

You may like firearms as much as we do, but you are just not welcome here. Replacing JMB's 100+ year old design with yours.......uh huh, right. Time to go buy another 1911. Don't let the door.......
You can lie if you like. I can do the same by telling everyone your products fund right wing Russian Fascist political candidates.
If I'm not welcome here, the truth isn't welcome here. As Musashi says, "Study on this."

·
Registered
16 Posts
--snip--
is it time for a new operating system?
--snip--
No.

You are promoting vaporware. It's wrong when Microsoft does it, it's wrong when you do it.

Worthwhile inventions come about because somebody see's a need and comes up with an idea to fill that need, or they see a way to apply ideas from one area to another area, thereby achieving some significant advantage.

Inventions don't come about because somebody says, "Whelp, it's been a few millennia, time to invent something to replace the wheel...I guess I better get to work on that."

Other than patting yourself on the back and boosting your ego, what was the point of posting something so arrogant and self-absorbed? You claim you can't show us anything, can't explain it, but we're supposed to drop to our knees begging like servile puppies?

Browning's design is not perfect, I don't think he walked on water, and I don't think he was divinely inspired. He was blessed by God with incredible talents, he worked hard, and he developed a slew of amazing designs that are still widely used today. He is the Mozart of the gun world, a very rare gifted genius. Just as there will be different and arguably better music (totally subjective of course) than Mozart's best, there will probably be designs that improve on and surpass Browning's designs.

They will come from creators who have an idea and a passion, not from shameless self-promoters who start by declaring they're as good as Browning based on a design they can't show, or an artist declaring they're better than Mozart before their first song is released.

...smh...

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Banned...there it is, way past due.

He was already dead to us.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts