Kimbertalk.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,303 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Dimondale, Mi. jake.

·
Registered
13,543 Posts
Do you see Rick anyplace?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Did someone say "Oregon Outback"?

Do you see Rick anyplace?
Welcome aboard there, Jake, good to have another like-minded geezer with us other geezers that appreciate the venerable 1911.

If you can see the Orygun outback, then you must be near me, as I'm on the eastern edge of it myself, and spend as much time as I can out there, away from people, traffic and liberals......and always with gun in-hand, usually a Kimber of one flavor or another. Where are you located, Jake?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
So Jake, it appears you're on the west side of the mountains. You must have a bent telescope to be able to 'see' over those hills! :D

Kidding aside, good to have another Oregonion with us on KT. By chance are you a rifle shooter? You referred to the outback, are you a rat shooter also? We spend quite a bit of time in the outback....mule deer, antelope, elk, coyotes, rock chucks, ground squirrels, chuckars.......all the reasons I live here.

What's your passion? Kimber(s) of choice?

·
Registered
985 Posts
...welcome to the forum from north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line...

...I have a sister that live in Shady Cove...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome from Klamath County Jake.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RinO:

I'm not much of a long gun these days due to a couple geezeritis situations.
Was SASS for nearly a couple decades until I retired from it, etc.

I like pins but there are folks there so dern fast....
Mostly 'non-speed steel' satisfies & a bit of paper targets along the way.
It's been hard to adjust to the Covid match changes.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
RinO: I'm not much of a long gun these days due to a couple geezeritis situations.
I hear ya on that one, Jake. Most of us here fit into the "geezerhood" moniker, so you've got a lot of company on KT.

The 'rifle thing', field shooting of noxious rodents is our prime game in the outback here, helping the alfalfa ranchers rid the field of the little munchers. Great sport hitting a target the size of a soda can at 400+ yards with a precision small bore CF rifle. All this from a field portable bench....remember, geezers, right?

We have fun all day with the rats, have dinner, then get out with our pistols and have at it with our steel targets. A nice, well rounded day with lots of gunfire....what could be better? :D Covid ruined it for all of us last year, but that's not gonna happen this year!

This is what long time shooting geezers do when they can't hump the elk mountains any more....sit down with a wicked accurate rifle and plenty of handloads, and have your way with far off unwanted rodents......

It is truly the most fun you can have with a rifle! And highly recommended. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
field shooting of noxious rodents is our prime game in the outback here, helping the alfalfa ranchers rid the field of the little munchers. Great sport hitting a target the size of a soda can at 400+ yards with a precision small bore CF rifle. All this from a field portable bench....remember, geezers, right?
maybe I'll be able to wrangle up an invite someday; although my days of 400 yard precision are not in this decade. Nor century. Hell, not in this MILLENIUM either.

have on hand 17 hmr & 223 rifles. No bench. Have adequate pistols to keep occupied. So PM me some day if there's information on the subject.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
maybe I'll be able to wrangle up an invite someday; although my days of 400 yard precision are not in this decade. Nor century. Hell, not in this MILLENIUM either.

have on hand 17 hmr & 223 rifles. No bench. Have adequate pistols to keep occupied. So PM me some day if there's information on the subject.

Jake, check your PM's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts