Kimber Talk Forums banner
61 - 80 of 112 Posts

· Registered
4,705 Posts
I can’t seem to get away from this. In all seriousness, badninja, do you really think that your leather holster, with leather strap SNAPPED in front of the hammer is any different than my elastic band?? Also, for the “bwahaha” 2dull2, I and most, learned a long time ago that anyone posting that is either drunk or doped up. Give it some thought.

That snap doesn't stay wrapped around the gun after you draw it.
It's also a terrible holster, but it's better than a hair scrunchie that stays on the gun,increasing the chance of a malfunction when you really need it.
I wouldn't use one Then again, I actually train with my gun.

Some of you men (I’m just guessing here) are a real joke. I can just see you wannabees strutting around acting bad. Most of you wouldn’t make a pimple on a bad man’s ass. But you’re correct on one thing, you’ve heard the last from me. Of all these posts, I’ve heard from none that I want to communicate or associate with. I am the real deal and do not need your approval. My approval has been fired in combat in a lot of places, 3d world countries, whose name that most of you could not even pronounce. “

OBTW, to the 2dumb2, are you really that stupid? I did not disrespect Rick. All I posted was ‘there are no ex’s’, if you are legit. If he did not complete Training Group, he is a fake and a wannabe, and should not be posting “ex-SF”. If he is SF, he should know that only Army Green Berets are SF; no one else. Navy Seals are not even SF; they are SOF; Special Operations Forces. But NOT Special Forces. There is a difference. If you are not SF, you wouldn’t know that and even may think it’s unimportant; it is. Like I said, most here are not worth me wasting my time.
You are not too old to learn good gun handling fundamentals.
It may save your life.

You state your bona fides, then show that you didn't even bother to read the manual that came with your primary weapon.
That's not really a good look.
Thanks for your service, but I would expect a snake eater to have thicker skin and more attention to detail concerning the weapon they carry.

I'm just an old red neck with bad eyes, that likes guns.
I'm a mediocre shot at best.
I also put about 1000 rounds downrange every month.
Alot of members here shoot much more than that, and these folks here have a lifetime of experience actually using their guns.
You can either listen to them and pick up some gems of knowledge, or ignore them. It's up to you.
But we are all grown ass men here, who speak frankly, and were only trying to help you.

if you survived SF training, you sure as shit shouldn't get pissy when a few old farts try to help you avoid unsafe gun handling, when you can't be bothered to read the manual.

· Registered
16,341 Posts
You don't know us and are making assumptions. You just got mad cause we said your safety elastic band was let's say silly/useless. Truth hurts. Using hurtful plays on screen names...OUCH.

· Registered
3,130 Posts
Well, I'll offer up a few points to this thread before it gets closed forever.

First, I have never claimed to be a SF operator, nor a Navy SEAL.
I did not go through SF training because I was in THE NAVY, in Amphibious Assault.
Never thought I was a "wannabe", never felt I had to, never have given this a thought. I'm just an old vet who was in the shit once.
Trying to help a new member is not always a good thing it appears, as they must be willing to both listen and respect long-time members to gain anything.
Ninja pretty much had this fellow dialed, pity our SF guy did not take any of his advice.

I now see our SF buddy has deleted all his attack posts and replaced them with a "Z" with no dialogue. Seems a CS way of admitting you may have been wrong, hiding all your responses.
He may have indeed been "the real deal", according to him, but he sure came off as arrogant and all-knowing, boasting about his flawed pistol "safety system". First time I've heard of a vet saying he was "the real deal" too.
When I'm wrong, I'll freely admit it. It happens occasionally to most everyone.

I hope he comes back. We're all Americans here and need to stick together in times like what we're in now. Who knows, if he does, he just may learn something from the folks here. I know I have.
BT

· Registered
3,332 Posts
I may just be imagining things, but:
I feel like, when people join up here and immediately post an issue they're having, they generally seem to be looking for affirmation and/or commiseration- not clarity or solutions...

· Registered
16,341 Posts
JBear if your just tuning in the OP deleted the proof of how crazy this subject really was, got mad from hearing the truth said he is taking his computer and going home and not coming back.

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Oh OK I think your theory is spot on!

· Registered
4,525 Posts
Over my 60+ years I’ve only personally known a handful of men who were the ”real deal”. They had no need to run around telling people so. Comfortable with who they were, they were the least braggadocious folks I‘ve had the pleasure of knowing. And they certainly would have the sense to post a Micro9 question in the Micro9 section… snicker.

· Registered
4,705 Posts
Over my 60+ years I’ve only personally known a handful of men who were the ”real deal”. They had no need to run around telling people so. Comfortable with who they were, they were the least braggadocious folks I‘ve had the pleasure of knowing. And they certainly would have the sense to post a Micro9 question in the Micro9 section… snicker.
Yep same experience here.
I know two fellas that were serious badasses.
One is a retired SERE Instructor, and the other was a SEAL, then a private contractor.
Neither ever mention their bonafides unless they are applying for a job, and both are the most laid back people you will ever meet.
They have seen enough shit, that nothing in civilian life gets them rilled up.
They are also smart enough to read the manual.😁

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Wow such a lack of respect your a real piece of work!

· Registered
4,705 Posts
Post #53 Rick: “Being ex SF”,
and here is your post #65: “First, I have never claimed to be a SF”.
What a wannabe liar!
And then there’s the guy that puts a 1000 rounds a month down range. Let’s see; even at $20 for a box of 50 is $40 a hundred and $400 a thousand; every month? $400 every month??? Even at half that…….not worth the comment.
Just two of many lies from wannabees.
Finally, I have NEVER ran around professing to be ‘the real deal’. I posted it in conjunction with not needing any validation from any of you posers.
I was done with this site, but can’t let this BS rest. Those that said I wouldn’t accept advice, help, etc. I never asked for help, advice, or anything else. The OP asked for assistance because he was concerned about an accidental discharge. I offered what I did, and you butt heads came out of the wood work. No, I didn’t run; I just won’t waste my time with those that are not worth talking to. Good grief; most of you need to get a life. I came back just to post 2 lies that no one can deny.

Now, I’m done. I’ve got to find the unsubscribe button so that I can stop receiving these notices.
Lol.
Well, this isn't Taurus Talk.
I'm not on a fixed income, bossman.
😎
I probably spend more than $400 a month on ammo.
Rifle ammo ain't cheap, and my wife shoots ALOT too.
I tend to buy a new gun every month or so 😲😱.
I'm also one of the more broke dick members here.

Welcome to KimberTalk.

· Registered
2,568 Posts
Post #53 Rick: “Being ex SF”,
and here is your post #65: “First, I have never claimed to be a SF”.
Your signature posts USN and I new you were not SF.
Just a wannabe liar!
And then there’s the guy that puts a 1000 rounds a month down range. Let’s see; even at $20 for a box of 50 is $40 a hundred and $400 a thousand; every month? $400 every month??? Even at half that…….not worth the comment.
Just two of many lies from wannabees, and there are so many others, I can’t put them all together. That is why I am ‘the real deal’; I don’t lie and and have no need to pretend and attemp to impress.
Finally, I have NEVER ran around professing to be ‘the real deal’. I posted it in conjunction with not needing any validation from any of you posers.
I was done with this site, but can’t let this BS rest. Those that said I wouldn’t accept advice, help, etc. I never asked for help, advice, or anything else. The OP asked for assistance because he was concerned about an accidental discharge. I offered what I did, and you butt heads came out of the wood work. No, I didn’t run; I just won’t waste my time with those that are not worth talking to. Good grief; most of you need to get a life. I came back just to post 2 lies that no one can deny.

Now, I’m done. I’ve got to find the unsubscribe button so that I can stop receiving these notices.
You keep posting this diatribe you won't need an unsubscribe button. The "BANNED" button will find you.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts