Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finishing up Commando clone and I can't decide between the magpul BIUS rear sight or staying classic and putting a carry handle on it.

So what do you think?

So far I have:
10.3" CHF 1:7 rht barrel made by FN on a forged upper with round GI style handguard, flash hider, T marks, and A2 front sight.
Carbine gas system.
Nib coated AIM bolt carrier group.
Forged lower.
Mil-spec LPK
ALG fire control parts, loved tenderly by me, with a 3-3.5 lb pull.
Standard buffer with flatwire spring.
SB4 pistol brace

I'll be putting it together tomorrow.

Pics are not mine.

Pics are of a Colt LE 6933 Commando with magpul rear sight and a Colt CAR-15 Commando with the carry handle.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I like the look of the carry handle myself.

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
407 Posts
I carried a CAR-15 in combat. Your decision needs to be based on its use.

IT IS NOT A WALL ORNAMENT! It should be a shooter. As such, set it up as a shooter with your intent in mind.

Doing it in 2021, I would think hard about:

1. BIUS
2. Quality 1-4X Scope or a very good red dot optic (I don’t really like them)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I carried a CAR-15 in combat. Your decision needs to be based on its use.

IT IS NOT A WALL ORNAMENT! It should be a shooter. As such, set it up as a shooter with your intent in mind.

Doing it in 2021, I would think hard about:

1. BIUS
2. Quality 1-4X Scope or a very good red dot optic (I don't really like them)
Easy tiger... this isnt my only AR.

I have several flavors, from scoped shooters full of high end parts to a custom 300bo pistol that runs everything from subs to full power hunting rounds like a sewing machine.

This is just another flavor.
I like to build them almost as much as shooting them. :D
All my builds run great and are much better guns than you were issued by Uncle Sugar.

This will be a beater truck gun, that will have irons.
Small enough for my wife to shoot comfortably, yet stout enough for social work.
I almost built it in 7.62x39, and that will probably be the next project :eek:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered the carry handle just now.
I liked the casssic set up, but I sometimes question my decisions when it comes to stuff like this....see my thread on mouse guns and you will understand.

I'll probably slap the rear BUIS on it to test fire, but it'll get the carry handle installed when it comes in.
I'll assemble the parts today when I get home.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Have fun with your AR's for now.....that is until 'Uncle Jo' and his Ho come for them in the near future.

How the hell did we get to this? I've watched Joe for almost 50 years do jack chit, now he's gonna save us all. And screwing gun owners is one of his first steps. :(

Oh, and carry handle. ;) (Try packin' one for a few weeks day in and day out and you'll come to the same conclusion.)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have fun with your AR's for now.....that is until 'Uncle Jo' and his Ho come for them in the near future.
They would have a tough time finding anyone here fool enough to try and take any guns from these local ********. Everyone here has guns from grandmas and preachers to cheerleaders and farmers, and yes old party democrats too.
My mail lady carries a G19 on her seat.
Black rifles just aren't scary here.
Juice aint worth the squeeze.

"That's a bold plan Cotton, Lets see how that works out for them."

just waiting on mag adapter:mad:
I want a do a 9mm too!!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I know the initial "budget reconciliation" ideas I've heard are focused on all rifles? Mandatory registration and yearly taxes on each piece :eek:. A $200.00 a year fee for each rifle I own is out of my budget. So much for investing in USA made Winchesters huh??? I've got to think that's a sort of bluff, right? The "compromise" being something along those lines but with regard to semi auto "sporting" shooters? We'll be finding out soon enough I suppose...
...On an unrelated note. Were I to want to store various items made of metal underground should the hole be deeper than the frost line???

...I like the folding sight and a sling for that high powered .22 :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know the initial "budget reconciliation" ideas I've heard are focused on all rifles? Mandatory registration and yearly taxes on each piece :eek:. A $200.00 a year fee for each rifle I own is out of my budget. So much for investing in USA made Winchesters huh??? I've got to think that's a sort of bluff, right? The "compromise" being something along those lines but with regard to semi auto "sporting" shooters? We'll be finding out soon enough I suppose...
...On an unrelated note. Were I to want to store various items made of metal underground should the hole be deeper than the frost line???

...I like the folding sight and a sling for that high powered .22 :)
Rights are like muscles.
When you don't exercise them, you loose them.

When actual laws are changed I will make some decisions. Until then I'm still a lawful, red blooded, free American, and will act accordingly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts