Kimber Talk Forums banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

Registered
Critical Defense is excellent ammo and I use it in some guns. Be aware the rubber tip can stick in some guns with very steep feed ramps, so just be sure to function test it first (as you should all carry ammo).

Registered
It's kinda like that.. not as organized..and no tokens. Just store credit for 1st thru 3rd. 15 - 6in circles at 40ft. If you miss one it's a 1/2 sec penalty. So you are better off to go slower if you have to to hit them all. 3.38 seconds is the fastest i have seen anybody do it. I'm usually in the low 4sec range. But i think im gonna start using my 92FS. It's heavier..so a little less bounce, and has a shorter trigger reset. They also have a FAST-30, Which involves a reload.. There are a few people that have some kinda sooped up guns.. but just locals having fun really... I finished 3rd once..but that was only because a few of the faster folks were home sick that time...lol.
That's impressive.馃
Shooting games are excellent for skill building.
My wife, son and I shoot every week or two.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Critical Defense is excellent ammo and I use it in some guns. Be aware the rubber tip can stick in some guns with very steep feed ramps, so just be sure to function test it first (as you should all carry ammo).
That is why i cant run Critical Defense in my Micro 9. It may be fine now after close to 1000 rounds. Feed ramp should be good and polished at this point. But the CDs took a nose dive instead of cycling properly. I've stuck to JHPs in it. Finally found the ammo i have been searching for since october. 147 grain Sig V-Crown. I have amast quite the collection of 9mm hollow points trying to find something else I liked. Had settled on the Winchester PDX-1s when i finally stumbled on two boxes of 50 of the sig ammo.

Registered
That is why i cant run Critical Defense in my Micro 9. It may be fine now after close to 1000 rounds. Feed ramp should be good and polished at this point. But the CDs took a nose dive instead of cycling properly. I've stuck to JHPs in it. Finally found the ammo i have been searching for since october. 147 grain Sig V-Crown. I have amast quite the collection of 9mm hollow points trying to find something else I liked. Had settled on the Winchester PDX-1s when i finally stumbled on two boxes of 50 of the sig ammo.
Several months ago when ammo started to get hard to find, I decided to run through my reloading stuff and see what I could come up with. I had plenty of primers and casings for my 9mm pistol but only bullets I had in stock was 124gr fmj from RMR so loaded some up using some leftover shotgun powder, AutoComp by Winchester. Soon after I was at my LGS and found a couple boxes of Hornady 124grain XTP in 9mm, so I decided to try them with the same load data I had used for the fmj from RMR. I fell in love the first time I shot this combo. Small groups and right at point of aim. Next ran some shooting into jugs of water and loved the performance. Excellent expansion and penetration. And may I say not one hiccup. Micro 9 stainless and Hornady 124gr XTP, what a combination.

Registered
It really is refreshing to hear people happy with their guns on here. So many get on here once just to complain or find out how to jerry rig one thing they considered a problem and they never post again. Just negativity. Happy gun owners is refreshing.
I purchased my first Kimber in January a stainless LW 9mm & in March bought a Pro carry 9mm 2 tone, love shooting both never any issue with either of them & they eat anything I feed them. No complaints here.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I keeo hearing good things about these LWs. Im gonna have to do some investigating into them. I've heard very positive reviews.

Registered
I keeo hearing good things about these LWs. Im gonna have to do some investigating into them. I've heard very positive reviews.
You should most definitely take a look at a Kimber Stainless LW!

I was just going to look and handle one, thinking of really not buying one, but after holding mine, and pointing it, I couldn鈥檛 let it go!
It is so much better than what I am usually used to. It exudes quality!

Oh, and by the way, in my 9mm鈥檚, I run the Sig Sauer 124 gr V crowns.
In my .40, I run the same brand, except they鈥檙e 165 gr V crowns.

Hawk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
We have to be better than joking about shootings. Dems or not. I cant get behind the joking about shootings. Sorry bubba. Dont mean to be forum police. No shooting Dems.

Registered
Software robot police let that slide?

But it censors the abbreviation of raccoon dog?

Reactions: bad ninja

Registered
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Thats the kinda thing the anti-gun nazis grab right on to. We must be responsible with our firearms in both words and actions.

Registered
Software robot police let that slide?

But it censors the abbreviation of raccoon dog?
Gotta use french.
Raton-Laveur dog.

In this thread we learn the Canadian robot censor is a city boy who doesnt hunt.
馃榿

Registered
Thats the kinda thing the anti-gun nazis grab right on to. We must be responsible with our firearms in both words and actions.
I can't agree with violence but that was simply a bad joke in poor taste.

Freedom scares the shit out of people.

"Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither"- Benjamin Franklin

Registered
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I know it was. Perhaps i reacted a bit strongly but thats the same talk my kids get if they talk about shooting someone. Suppose it spilled over. Either way. I stand by it. Poor taste. Lets get back to ballistics.

Registered
I know it was. Perhaps i reacted a bit strongly but thats the same talk my kids get if they talk about shooting someone. Suppose it spilled over. Either way. I stand by it. Poor taste. Lets get back to ballistics.
We have sitting US Congress members openly saying far worse.

Back to ammo.

My Ultra shoots reasonably accurate for a 3 inch .45 with 230g HP but gets squirrelly with 185g HPs.
Out past about 40ft the group's get quite a bit bigger.

Best groups have been with sketchy 230 ball.

Registered
We have to be better than joking about shootings. Dems or not. I cant get behind the joking about shootings. Sorry bubba. Dont mean to be forum police. No shooting Dems.
I was just saying in jest, so please don鈥檛 take it seriously. Bottom line I will defend myself if someone poses a threat on my life. Would not care what their party affiliation, color, etc. Thank god I was never in a situation in all my 70 years That required deadly force. I鈥檓 a peaceful person.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I have very minimal experience with the lighter HPs in my .45s and by minimal i mean i dont think i have ever gone smaller than 230 grain in my .45s. I carry the 255 grain hard cast +p Buffalo Bores when im out hunting or messing around in the woods. But never the lighter weights. That BB hard cast is some wicked stuff.

Registered
I have very minimal experience with the lighter HPs in my .45s and by minimal i mean i dont think i have ever gone smaller than 230 grain in my .45s. I carry the 255 grain hard cast +p Buffalo Bores when im out hunting or messing around in the woods. But never the lighter weights. That BB hard cast is some wicked stuff.
For carry I practice at 30ft since anything over that might get a over zealous DA excited about career advancement. I carry a Compact and bullet weight doesn't seem tp make a difference with grouping between 185-230gr. Itoo am glad I have never needed it. Although did use a 12inch Crescent wrench a couple of times.

Registered
For carry I practice at 30ft since anything over that might get a over zealous DA excited about career advancement. I carry a Compact and bullet weight doesn't seem tp make a difference with grouping between 185-230gr. Itoo am glad I have never needed it. Although did use a 12inch Crescent wrench a couple of times.
I do defensive drills at 7 yds and practice out to 10 as well with my carry guns. I figure if they鈥檙e farther away than that, I don鈥檛 NEED to shoot! Shoot longer distance some with my longer barrels.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts