Kimber Talk Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I carry my M&P Bodyguard 380 with one in the chamber....don't have to worry about the hammer being back.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
This is 2020. Cocked and Locked is so... 1911.
Get with the times, Gramps.
LEM or striker!
Yes, but this thread began in 2015 when Solo was still in production with a "striker-fired single-action". Damn fine trigger for carry, IMO. I wish they would have incorporated the Solo trigger into the EVO or something else.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Damn fine trigger for carry, IMO. I wish they would have incorporated the Solo trigger into the EVO or something else.
Right on 'Noog.
The Solo trigger was indeed phenomenal. Unfortunately, when you pulled the trigger on the Solo, a round was often jammed up somewhere other than were it oughtta be.

·
Registered
145 Posts
With .380 Micro
Carrying : Cocked & locked with round in chamber ..
On my night stand : Cocked & locked & NO round in chamber ..

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I thought we were far beyond having to ask this question, as the 1911 has been around for over 100 years now. But for those that still have that question lingering in their brain, we offer The Gunny to sort things out......

So, is it clear now? :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've got a Micro 9 and two Micro 380s. I like them a lot, but all three tend to go from safe to safety off on average about once in every three weeks. It has made me a bit uneasy about carrying them cocked and locked.

·
Registered
387 Posts
How do you guys feel about carrying the Micro 9 and Micro 380 cocked and unlocked? All three of mine go from locked to unlocked on their own about every three weeks on average.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
How do you guys feel about carrying the Micro 9 and Micro 380 cocked and unlocked? All three of mine go from locked to unlocked on their own about every three weeks on average.
Don't carry a .380, but do carry my Micro 9 during hot weather. To date, after almost five years, I've never had the safety disengage when or after carrying all day.

I carry in an Adams Leatherworks IWB, worn at 4:00. As an aside, I've never ever had any of my auto pistol safeties come off during carry. This includes all my 1911's, also all worn IWB. I'd feel uneasy too if my safety was disengaging and get it sorted out muy pronto.

You may have a holster that's "helping" the pistol to disengage the safety. :cool:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Could be. Is that likely on three different holsters?
It makes me uneasy enough that I've started carrying an Airweight 9mm J-frame as primary and Micro 9 as backup with empty chamber.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
my Micro 9 is carried in a shoulder holster system every day and has never gone out of condition 1 on it's own...

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
There have been several reports of this happening by a few other owners over the years. Simply put, it shouldn't happen ever. A Micro with a questionable safety is a potential major problem. I suggest you IMMEDIATELY contact Kimber and let them bring the little darlings into spec. It would probably be a good idea for them to know the production info too as there may have been a glitch, could be other defective pistols made at that time out there? Believe it or not many owners never really field test their guns. The fact that you have the problem with three pistols does suggest that this could be a procedural quirk on your part? The safety should distinctly click into the on position and stay that way unless deliberate force is used to disengage it. There's no grip safety on Micros so the thumb safety needs to be 100%...
...that being said my Micro is carried at 5 O'clock and in condition 1.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
How would I feel about the safety on three single action carry guns regularly disengaging while carrying?

Being that it's highly unlikely that all three guns are not in proper working order, I'd stop carrying those guns until I figured out what I was doing to make that happen. Holster type and/or manner carry would be where I'd start.

·
Registered
387 Posts
"The fact that you have the problem with three pistols does suggest that this could be a procedural quirk on your part?"

That thought has crossed my mind as well, and is the reason I've stopped carrying the Kimbers with a round chambered, have delegated them to backup, and have started using the J-frame as primary. I note in passing, that my two 1911s and two Hi-powers have never had this issue, so I feel secure carrying them cocked and locked, and do so. Don't get me wrong, I really like my three Kimbers, but don't feel undergunned with my Airweight 9mm J. And at 12.5oz, it is a delight to carry anyway.

What do you think I might be doing wrong that would exhibit itself only on all of my Kimbers, but not on my two 1911s or two Hi-Powers?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts