Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 356 Posts

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Morning/afternoon KT peeps. Eight thirty this morning saw me hitting the deck getting ready for a 9:45am yearly wellness physical. Good news, bad news, bad news I'm a year past due for a colon scope. Good news I've lost over 10 pounds since last October, putting me currently 10 under 300. Other numbers good, got to watch the sweets and carbs. I expected that Aruba cruise to blow the weight numbers out of the water (see what I did there...I crack me up) I guess I was walking off most of the calories on the ship. Everything you wanted or needed was always at the other end of the ship from your location, bar, pool, pizza, bar, bar, cabin, dining room, bar, well you get the picture.

The other day in the mail I got the renewal form for my handgun carry permit. It was going to be $50 bucks for I think 8 years. They had a new option get Lifetime for $200 dollars so I went that route. Swung by the drivers license place, only had the wait about 15 min total, they took a new photo, paid my 200, new permit will arrive in the mail. Mine didn't expire until April 1st but I didn't want to put it off until the last second. Easy peasy.

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Morning KT, dropped Kracker off at the groomers @ 10am. Just waiting on the call saying he is ready to pick up. He was smelling pretty houndish (maybe not a word) but you get the idea.

Reactions: PaulWVa and Chuck43

· Registered
16,341 Posts
RAINING AGAIN, 53 degrees. Well I don't have to be out in it, did that yesterday. Got a pot roast and veggies in the old crock pot for later, "you gonna eat your cornbread" will be the side dish. Momma loves her some cornbread.
Mr. Kracker sure does smell better sitting in my lap now that he's had a bath.
Kracker goes out in the rain but he don't like it.

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Hey Arland, be thankful it's rain, I just spent the last 2 hours clearing snow.
I thought about that a second ago when Kracker was trying to pee and stay dry under the front edge of the porch roof.

Reactions: Jflytle and Chuck43

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Chico, we were arguing about the home remedy mix yesterday. Something like 8oz hot water, 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon honey, splash of lemon and if you like it, a pinch of cyan(sp?) pepper.

Drink twice a day and it knocks out the winter 'crude' pretty fast.
Two ounces of Crown...done and done!

Reactions: Chuck43

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Good news it stopped raining, turned colder at least for here 31*.
Yikes Chuck, single digit temps, NO Thanks.

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Light rain here again KT members. Nothing going on here except waiting on some items to arrive, Wolff springs for my Colt Woodsman, Walnut grip for my Model 10 snub nose from Ebay by way of Thailand, been shipped could take up to 20 days, last but not least the .460 Rowland Kit.

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Just got the Wolff from the mailbox, package contained 2 sets for the Woodsman, 1 set for the Detonics 45, 1 set for the little M317 S&W .22lr.
I was looking at the "keep" email file and clean forgot about the green Crimson Trace grips I ordered for the Super Carry Ultra+.
Ordering is fun but the bookkeeping is a pain.

Reactions: BCD 45 and Chuck43

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Must be nice to have so much money that you forget when you order stuff. Wish that was my problem.

Jim D
SE Texas
More of a case of dying brain cells than to much money!

Reactions: BCD 45 and Chuck43

· Registered
16,341 Posts
I've been to Choo-Choo town many times. I'm aware that everyone around there is rich. You can tell by your Kimber list of guns. Probably have to start a new page to list your Wilson's, Nighthawk's, and Ed Brown's.
Have a good night buddy.

Jim D
There are indeed some rich people living here but not me and not everyone.
Nope, no long list of high end customs, I only have 1 Wilson that I bought used right before Christmas 2018 for what I think was a pretty fair deal.
No interest in Nighthawk, have not seen one of those I like the looks of.

Reactions: Tejun and Mini Me

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Good day today (LOL) I requested a new sub forum for the EVO (request granted) and I nailed another spammer. It doesn't take much to entertain me on an ice coated, snowy day. You all stay safe and have a great night. Chuck, Out!
Chuck was the spammer someone we knew?

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Morning peeps, cold, cloudy, it did stop raining. We're at 33* with a 10mph wind chill of 22*. It was cold taking the garbage can to the street.

· Registered
16,341 Posts

Attachments

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Morning Chickadee, fellows, hey that thing they call the Sun has returned from vacation. It's 36 degrees, yes 36 not minus 36, thank God.

When I hit "Buy Now" for the Crimson Trace Grips on Jan. 19th there was a note saying seller was "out of town" and there could be a delay in shipping. OK not problem not in a hurry anyway. So I waited until late last night and checked still no shipping notice, I sent seller an email thru ebay. This morning had 2 emails one an apology from selling company said turns out item is out of stock. Second email was refund to my Paypal account.
I just bought another CT from a different seller, hopefully this one will be "in-stock."

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Happy Sunday KT members. The weather boobs are using the S-word around here for Tuesday and we really are out of milk and bread so Grrrr I'll have to run to the grocery store after while. Store probably already sold out of milk and bread.

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Stay warm Chuck, weather boobs calling for snow here tomorrow even possible inch and a half in the valley.

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Morning KT, HA I was out with Kracker just a little while ago in my T-shirt and lounge pants, 67 degrees and mostly sunny.

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Morning KT, it was 80 here yesterday and it's cooled off, Rick it's 41 this morning. Up early for me, time for one mug of coffee then wife has a doctor appointment @ 1pm.
Hound is in my lap, Rick, Kracker says Aroooo to the girls Ruby and Lily.

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Morning KT, well it certainly feels like winter here today, 48 hours ago the low was 64 and the high was 80 degrees. Today it is 34 and feels like 20 with the 18mph wind chill. On the plus side it's not raining.

Chuck bless your heart, Vickie and I wish our mothers were still with us.

Chico, Dementia is a cold hearted bitch. Help your wife survive the remaining time with her mother.

For those new members March 2013 my wife and I were involved in a almost fatal motorcycle accident. As a result of that this past Monday my wife had to endure surgery number 7 on her right leg. The main issues has been the tib/fib bones not healing completely, some hardware malfunctions. This time while we was on our Aruba cruise her leg started hurting, turns out the top 3 screws of the plate in her leg broke. This surgery Monday was to remove 3 plates, install 2 new bigger, longer plates and reposition 1 lower plate. We went to the doctors office yesterday so he could change the dressing and make a place for the bone growth stimulator she will be using. Snapped a couple pics, two long incisions and I'm guessing at least 200 staples. Oh and she is no weight bearing for the next 12 weeks. So I'm wearing all the hats around here. Now we need the bone to heal completely.

On a happier note I think I might make a Cheesecake later today. Maybe cheer Momma up a little.

Attachments

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Cheesecake out of the oven! The batter was delish before it was baked, I hope it still is.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 356 Posts