Kimbertalk.com banner

6001 - 6016 of 6016 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,002
I've been trying to make heads or tails out of this new forum software for 3 1/2 hours now and not making much progress. I see it has a "Go Premium and Get More" feature. I don't know what that's all about, and I'm not going to spend the money they want to find out.

·
Registered
13,522 Posts
No warning?? I know they said it was going to change but I mean a little heads up, "hey during the night we are going to flop software!" It looks just like 1911Addicts and some of the others now, which I'm familiar with but don't like that much.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I've been trying to make heads or tails out of this new forum software for 3 1/2 hours now and not making much progress. I see it has a "Go Premium and Get More" feature. I don't know what that's all about, and I'm not going to spend the money they want to find out.
So what is it that you want to do, Chuck? For me, I always go to "New Messages." Now it's a little bubble in the upper right. Replying to your post is now two clicks rather than one. I have to click "quote," then click "reply." It will add functionality, but let's stick to basics. If you want to see the forums, click on the "lines" in between the "new bubble" and your avatar. Since I'm not a Super Moderator like you, I never did learn how to turn on users' web cams to spy on them. You're on your own with that.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Morning folks. Early start this morning, because it rained into the night last night and now it's 32° and I'm gonna have to have everything salted before sunup. My internal clock may have... been a bit over-zealous, so I'm here with my coffee first. Supposed to get a tick over 40 today, so hopefully between that and the salt anything that flurries down later will melt off. High hopes.

*edit: originally tried to post around 3am

Reactions: CharlieW

·
Super Moderator
37,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,006
Time to call it a day on the new forum software, there's still no light at the other end of the tunnel, but I think I'm making progress.

You all stay safe and have a great night.
Chuck, Out!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Morning folks. It's 35° out and supposed to be 48 and sunny later. I think I'll tell Mrs. Bear to let the little pellet stove go out this afternoon so I can give it a vacuum later. I may even think so positively as to pull my sander today. I have a haircut at 5:00, a bid package to drop off at 2, and no idea how I'm going to stay busy in the meantime. With the warmer weather and less snow on the ground things should start picking up, I expect the problem will take care of itself.

Reactions: CharlieW

·
Super Moderator
37,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,009
Morning JBear, John, morning ladies and gentlemen. It's 38 here in Dimondale looking for the low 40s today. (y)

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Morning gents. We made it to 43 yesterday for a short spell and held at 36 overnight, so yes, the slow melt has begun. Should make it into the low 40's again but supposed to go down to 20 overnight.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Morning all -- sunny an d breezy in middle America, 39 headed to 49. When I clicked on the forum this morning I thought "Oh, that's right - new software...Same as so many other blogs," I'm doing OK with it. Happy mid-week!

·
Registered
979 Posts
...have spent several hours over 5 different trips here to learn to navigate thru our new software format... ...it ain't easy; I guess I.m just a dinosauer and slow learner...

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
and just like that car problems go away...40 out..50+ warmer than last week

·
Super Moderator
37,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,015
Time for me to pull the plug, you all stay safe and have a great night.
Chuck, Out!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Morning folks. 42° out and as great as that is, that's as warm as it's gonna get. Sunny and clear, but holy Hanna it's windy! And as to that, my company's arborist called last night to tell me that they're finally caught up from the tropical storm last July that put most of the state out of power, some of it for weeks. The guy has been busy, and the back to back blizzards and snow/ice every other day for the last month haven't helped. Regardless, He's gonna come in today and hopefully take down some things that nature might prefer fall on the house someday, so I'm pretty happy about that. I have no idea wtf I'm gonna do for work today though... maybe I should join the tree division.

6001 - 6016 of 6016 Posts