Kimber Talk Forums banner

6681 - 6700 of 6784 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,681 ·
Time for me to call it a night, you all stay safe and have a great night.

Chuck, Out!

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Morning folks. It's 51° and raining, which it's supposed to continue to do at least all morning. Should get another 10° out of it at some point and maybe see some sunshine later, which just means I'm going to have to wash my truck later.

·
Super Moderator
37,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,683 ·
Morning JBear, morning ladies and gentlemen, it's 54 in Dimondale looking for the low 60s today.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Morning all -- another cool morning in middle America, 49 headed to 65. The forecasted heavy rain overnight didn't happen but we had showers this AM, and it looks like it is clearing up. I hope it dries out a bit; I need to get out and mow this afternoon

·
Super Moderator
37,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,687 ·
You all stay safe and have a great night.

Chuck, Out!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Can I play? This is a big subject, and perhaps we'll all bore of it before all is said and we're in agreement. :D

"Quick thinking," as you noted, is key. "Quick thinking" should not be confused with "quick action." It might be better to initially comply or stall, while you assess the situation and weigh all your options. Perhaps it's best to just give him your wallet and live to see another day.

If the guy doesn't have a gun trained on your head and he's not a warrior, perhaps you can draw your own gun before he can do you physical harm. But that's a gamble and a bold assumption--things you need to consider with that "quick thinking."

There are so many variables, that in this context, we can only hypothesize.
It has been several ago now (mid 80's) but the first time I was in a civilian encounter I was coming down a ladder off of grocery store and it was just at dark. Had a knife put to my back and the guy wanted my wallet. He looked wild, as in really high on something. I gave it to him and then he just turned his back on me. Now I am there holding a tool bucket with some large heavy wrenches. As he picked himself up with blood coming from the side of his head he started to run. I tried but could not keep up. Next day I applied for a permit. Took awhile as back then it was pretty stringent. I did get it and had one ever since.
The point is a gun would have not done me any good. He had the knife within inches. Once he turned his back could not have legally used it. I like your term quick Thinking. It is a very good term and the 1st course of action. Except in my case where I just lost my temper and thought "Hell No."

·
Registered
615 Posts
My temper used to get the best of me. Once when I was a car salesman this guy put a knife up against my leg and thought it was funny. I asked him politely to remove it twice and he didn't. I then punched him behind his ear which made him fall to the ground unconscious. The manager wanted to send me home for hitting a employee. I told him it was either the punch or the gun I was legally carrying and explained about his knife. When he woke up he was sent home for 3 days. He never came back to dealership and manager never questioned me again-- I worked there for 10 more years until I retired!

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Morning folks. It's about 50° again, it's raining again, and it's going to be about 60 again. It wasn't supposed to, there wasn't supposed to be any more rain this week so I washed my truck yesterday after the sun came out. No sooner did I finish than today's forecast went from 2% to 96%. Oh well, so it goes. Hump day...

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Morning JBear, morning everyone, it’s 54 degrees and going up 62 with some rain.

I went back to work Monday after a week off to help out my wife. Well, I haven’t had time to check in for the past few days. My phone started ringing at 4:30am Monday and didn’t stop. I’m caught up and things are back to normal.

·
Super Moderator
37,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,692 ·
Morning JBear, John, morning ladies and gentlemen, it's 48 headed for the upper 50s.
John, it's good to see you back, I hope your wife is recovering from her surgery.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Good morning, its 61 with a high of 84 today. Maggies vet appointment went well yesterday, a bruised paw, took some meds and is doing really well now. Will start our walks again today and maybe I will go to the gravel pit for a few rounds of relaxation.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Morning all -- it is bright and sunny in middle America. It cooled off considerably overnight, but is warming up now, 42 headed to 68. Have some errands to do and it looks like a great day to be running around.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Morning JBear, John, morning ladies and gentlemen, it's 48 headed for the upper 50s.
John, it's good to see you back, I hope your wife is recovering from her surgery.
Thanks Chuck, she’s doing great. Too good actually. I say that because when you feel better, you forget there’s things your not supposed to do yet. She’s able to drive and she can swipe a credit card with no problems. It’s really amazing how far modern medical procedures have come. Back surgery used to be the kiss of death.

·
Super Moderator
37,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,698 ·
You all stay safe and have a great night.

Chuck, Out!

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Morning folks. It's 48° out and should be 60 later. I'm going to call what's been happening here unseasonably cool. I'm not sure if it is or not, but normally our AC would have been running all day for a month at this point, and instead I actually lit the stove this morning because Mrs. Bear is complaining it's too cold in here. Like the climate alarmists, I am horrified that earth temps are going to go up a few degrees in the next hundred years. I won't be here in a hundred years, I want that shit to happen now.

6681 - 6700 of 6784 Posts