Kimber Talk Forums banner

7001 - 7020 of 7144 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
...good afternoon from north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line... ...fixed breakfast for Ms. Mary Matilda; eggs scrambled mixed in with skillet cooked asparagus diced, bacon bits, cheddar cheese; toast & coffee; and then off to get her crown installed; then to the Walmart and pet store for dog food.... ...it be 3:40 now so outside work will have to wait until Wednesday as Tuesday is go to the range with friends day.... ...one friend is learning how to shoot and carry correctly with instruction from yours truly... he will be trying out 3 of my guns.... micro, mid size, and full size 1911 all in 9mm...

·
Registered
699 Posts
...good afternoon from north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line... ...fixed breakfast for Ms. Mary Matilda; eggs scrambled mixed in with skillet cooked asparagus diced, bacon bits, cheddar cheese; toast & coffee; and then off to get her crown installed; then to the Walmart and pet store for dog food.... ...it be 3:40 now so outside work will have to wait until Wednesday as Tuesday is go to the range with friends day.... ...one friend is learning how to shoot and carry correctly with instruction from yours truly... he will be trying out 3 of my guns.... micro, mid size, and full size 1911 all in 9mm...
Oklahomabound, How do you fix that Asparagus in the skillet. That always sounds so good when you talk about with eggs.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Oklahomabound, How do you fix that Asparagus in the skillet. That always sounds so good when you talk about with eggs.
I put a little butter in the skillet medium heat, slice the asparagus spear into 1/8" pieces (takes 6 spears for both of us); pepper pretty heavy, then sprinkle bacon bits over the asparagus--let it cook until asparagus is tender 8 to 10 minutes... ...then heavy sprinkle with cheddar shavings... just as the cheese has melted I pour in the whipped eggs.... let cook on that side and then flip over to other side... split it between us with hot coffee and toast... Ms. Mary Matilda has been eating Italian sliced loaf and I do brioche for toast... and put a little Wilkin & Sons Tiptree-Wilkin & Sons Jelly (boss lady picks the flavors) on the toast...

·
Registered
687 Posts
Got my shingles shot today. I did have the old one but doctor on base said i needed the new one so in August i get the second shot-can't wait! The thermometer registered 110 on the back deck in the shade this afternoon. Its really hot here! Did i mention it was hot.

·
Super Moderator
38,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,005 ·
It looks like the rain has let up, I'm going to see if we can get our walk in without getting wet.

You all stay safe and have a great night.
Chuck, Out!

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
I put a little butter in the skillet medium heat, slice the asparagus spear into 1/8" pieces (takes 6 spears for both of us); pepper pretty heavy, then sprinkle bacon bits over the asparagus--let it cook until asparagus is tender 8 to 10 minutes... ...then heavy sprinkle with cheddar shavings... just as the cheese has melted I pour in the whipped eggs.... let cook on that side and then flip over to other side... split it between us with hot coffee and toast... Ms. Mary Matilda has been eating Italian sliced loaf and I do brioche for toast... and put a little Wilkin & Sons Tiptree-Wilkin & Sons Jelly (boss lady picks the flavors) on the toast...

Woohoo! Asparagus omelettes are da bomb. Sounds like an omelette of a different shape.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Got my shingles shot today. I did have the old one but doctor on base said i needed the new one so in August i get the second shot-can't wait!
My doc told me the same thing. New shots are better, so Mrs. Iron and I got one. First one went well, but for both of us the second one was a kick in the @$$. Totally tired and lethargic the next day. Not sick, mind you, just tired. It wasn't a big deal, just unexpected. Let us know how #2 works out.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I have never heard of shingles shots, but I will concur that it's hot as balls this week. Morning folks. It's 69° out and should be 89 later, if it follows the pattern for this year so far that translates to low 90's. Yesterday was a slow day, not too busy. Pretty nice day actually, aside from learning that one of our truck drivers was found dead in his apartment yesterday morning. No idea how, he was pretty young and seemed relatively healthy. So it goes.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have never heard of shingles shots, but I will concur that it's hot as balls this week. Morning folks. It's 69° out and should be 89 later, if it follows the pattern for this year so far that translates to low 90's. Yesterday was a slow day, not too busy. Pretty nice day actually, aside from learning that one of our truck drivers was found dead in his apartment yesterday morning. No idea how, he was pretty young and seemed relatively healthy. So it goes.
If you are over 50 you might think of getting it. Shingles is nothing to mess around with!

·
Super Moderator
38,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,012 ·
Morning JBear, huskyman and John, morning ladies and gentlemen, it's 67 headed for the low 80s today.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Good morning...:) Today should be a repeat of yesterday weather wise.. Heading to the gas station with some cupcakes.. It's one of the olds'timers Birthday. Rodger is 83. He is so cute..and funny.. He retired from the Railroad..then retired from the County. Could talk to him for hours (sometimes do..lol).. Wish i could find a little bit younger version of him..:unsure:... Have a great day KTers..

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Good morning, its 73 with a high of 93, just a little cooler today. Up early today because arm is killing me from shot yesterday. Going to put a ice pack on it.
Ice pack isn't a bad idea. Take two ice cubes from the pack, put them in a glass, and splash a couple ounces of your favorite bourbon into the glass. It might not help your arm, but it's certainly worth a try.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
...gray day here in north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line... 82 and could rain or not at any time... headed to Chiropractor here in a bit and then pick up grandson and go to train club... ...HO scale model trains (read expensive hobby) (engines are DCC with sound)

·
Super Moderator
38,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,018 ·
Time to call it a night, you all stay safe and have a great night.

Chuck, Out!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Morning folks. It's 69° out and in. Might need to crank the AC up a little higher soon. Got some light rain going on, but supposedly it's going to clear up a bit while the sun's out. We'll see. Another 90° day I guess.

7001 - 7020 of 7144 Posts