Kimber Talk Forums banner
8501 - 8520 of 8565 Posts

·
Administrator
39,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8,501 ·
Morning JBear, John, morning ladies and gentlemen, it's 44 and raining going to 46 with more rain today.

Reactions: JC45

·
Registered
808 Posts
Good Morning JBear, John & Chuck and all those sleepy heads later. It's 64 this morning headed to 70 later with rain in the forecast. They say a cold front will move through later today that will make in the 40 and high's in the 60 all next week. I hope all of you have a wonderful day of Thanksgiving with your families. I'm thankful for all of you here at Kimbertalk, God Bless you all!

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Morning gents. We are at 39 this morning and should see the mid/upper 40's later today. The family started coming in yesterday, so should be a full house by dinner time. I know the wife has been prepping small things since Tuesday.

You all have a great day and enjoy your families.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Looks like winter starts here tomorrow. I guess today I'm thankful it didn't start earlier. I anticipate becoming a significantly less thankful person in general for the next several months...

·
Administrator
39,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8,507 ·
We've got trouble right here in River City.... my son just called, I can't bring the boys with me to their house. In fact, he's bringing his 3 to stay at my house today. People on his wife's side have unexpectedly arrived in town and invited themselves to their house for Thanksgiving. Someone can't be around dogs, he'll explain when he gets here. I've a good mind to stay home with the dogs. Normally, when I go to their house for the day and there will be drinking, I spend the night there. I have had a hard fast rule all my life, the minute I take a drink of anything with alcohol, I will not drive for the remainder of the day. I've never had a problem with drinking and driving and never will, do one or the other but not both.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I have a very low tolerance for people who show up unexpectedly expecting to be treated like they were expected and expecting expected plans to be abandoned to accommodate the fantasy... family or otherwise.

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
Chuck, just "showed up" for Thanksgiving? Who the hell does that? How RUDE. I would stay home with the boys to.
One year at Christmas Vickie's niece asked me if we could put Kracker outside in the garage, seems all of a sudden one of her bugger eater kids was allergic. Ah hell to the NO, I said maybe you should come back tomorrow after we are gone from taking care of your grandfather.
My rule is if you have a problem with my hound dog...keep your damn stupid ass at home!

·
Administrator
39,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8,512 ·
My son just dropped off his 3 dogs, and they are all having a great time. I actually have rooms large enough for them to run and play in. My son didn't want to say too much about his wife's aunt, just asked me to bite my tongue and not say anything, we'll see about that. Going to get ready to go to his house, catch you all later tonight.

Reactions: MrWicked

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
Chuck, can't wait to hear about Karen..."I mean The Aunt."

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Morning folks. It's 41° out and a mere seven hours ago it was supposed to be down to 32° by 7am but now it looks like it's only going to get down to 39 and then back up for a high or 42. Still saying rain and snow for today, so I guess it's gonna get cold again later. Lovely. At least the storm for Sunday into Monday appears have been called off. I don't know, because they sure as shit don't.

Reactions: Jflytle

·
Administrator
39,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8,516 · (Edited)
Morning JBear, John, morning ladies and gentlemen, it's 26 going to 32, the good news is the rain has finally stopped.

Yesterday was a trip, the "Aunt" is a germophobic, she wore latex gloves and a mask the entire time I was there. She had an endless supply of sanitizing wipes and travels with her own dinner plate and silverware all sealed in plastic bags. Watching her try to pick the food she wanted and eat it was enough to drive me up a wall. I did my best to avoid her until it was time for me to leave, standing near her, in a very loud voice I apologized to my daughter-in-law for sneezing on the turkey when I helped her take it out of the oven. My kid did his best not to laugh while calling me an asshole and telling me to be careful driving home in the rain. I'm anxious to hear what she did after hearing what I said. I should get an earful when I go back there today with all the dogs.

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
You can't fix stupid. "Aunt" should have kept her ass at home!

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Man, has this place been dead today! Everyone must be sleeping off their turkeyday hangovers, because I can't believe this crowd is out fighting the monstermoms for the Wallyworld doorbusters.

Reactions: 2sharp2
8501 - 8520 of 8565 Posts