Kimber Talk Forums banner
9981 - 10000 of 10111 Posts

·
Administrator
40,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,982 ·
You all stay safe and have a great night.

God Bless,
Chuck, Out!

·
Registered
9,165 Posts
Morning everyone and Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mother’s out there. I’m off to Long Island this morning to see my mom.

It’s looks like the rain will stop this morning and the sun will be out. It’s 42 degrees and drizzling, it’s going up to 56.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
I just arrived. I read this forum for a couple of weeks before deciding to join.

I’ve been a firearms enthusiast a long time and spent a Kings ransom on guns and all manner of self defense training over the years. Other types of edged weapon and firearms training too but this is mainly a pistol forum and I don’t want to digress. I’m serious about firearms, gun control politics, and often look to others to improve my knowledge and skills. I'm experienced but don’t take myself too seriously. I like to have fun... and dread snowflakes, giant egos or people with no sense of humor.

I’ve participated in a lot of forums over the past 15 years or so. There are always a lot of personalities. Sometimes the vibe or whatever you want to call it on a forum changes. What often happens is a handful of people who aren’t allowed to talk about guns on Facebook or Twitter (or were booted off) turn a gun forum into a social outlet that loses its focus on firearms and becomes a pulpit for those who want bitch about life, extremist politics, vegetarians, their ex-wife or whatever else they have decided to hate. Or project their irrational fears about the end of the world as we know it. That gets old really fast for the majority well-adjusted members and newcomers.

What I have also seen is an overpopulation of mall ninjas who imagine themselves as gunfighters, revolutionaries or combat warriors. Most of them are guys who never found themselves in a situation where an enemy or criminal was shooting at them. Unless you count paintball or video games. They love to accessorize and tend to spend all their time talking about guns instead of actually shooting them.

Forums can also devolve to a bunch of guys who want the forum to be their private domain like it’s some kind of exclusive club, ironically dominated by a small gang of bullies whose membership application in a club would be rejected. They intimidate newbs or get into pissing contests with experienced new arrivals that express an opinion. Like Dr. Phil says, "They just gotta be right" and anything that disagrees with their narrow point of view is wrong and you become the enemy. This is the kiss of death for forums. It’s the #1 reason I have left forums in the past. No reasonable mind wants to suffer a fool for very long. It's like working a job you hate.

I’ve seen none of that here. To the credit of regulars and those of you who moderate and keep order here. There are always flareups now and then but this is a pretty respectful and sensible community from what I’m seeing. I wish I had come across it sooner. I hope that in time I can give as much as I get.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
9,165 Posts
I just arrived. I read this forum for a couple of weeks before deciding to join.

I’ve been a firearms enthusiast a long time and spent a Kings ransom on guns and all manner of self defense training over the years. Other types of edged weapon and firearms training too but this is mainly a pistol forum and I don’t want to digress. I’m serious about firearms, gun control politics, and often look to others to improve my knowledge and skills. I'm experienced but don’t take myself too seriously. I like to have fun... and dred snowflakes, giant egos or people with no sense of humor.

I’ve participated in a lot of forums over the past 15 years or so. There are always a lot of personalities. Sometimes the vibe or whatever you want to call it on a forum changes. What often happens is a handful of people who aren’t allowed to talk about guns on Facebook or Twitter (or were booted off) turn a gun forum into a social outlet that loses its focus on firearms and becomes a pulpit for those who want bitch about life, extremist politics, vegetarians, their ex-wife or whatever else they have decided to hate. Or project their irrational fears about the end of the world as we know it. That gets old really fast for the majority well-adjusted members and newcomers.

What I have also seen is an overpopulation of mall ninjas who imagine themselves as gunfighters, revolutionaries or combat warriors. Most of them are guys who never found themselves in a situation where an enemy or criminal was shooting at them. Unless you count paintball or video games. They love to accessorize and tend to spend all their time talking about guns instead of actually shooting them.

Forums can also devolve to a bunch of guys who want the forum to be their private domain like it’s some kind of exclusive club, ironically dominated by a small gang of bullies whose membership application in a club would be rejected. They intimidate newbs or get into pissing contests with experienced new arrivals that express an opinion. Like Dr. Phil says, "They just gotta be right" and anything that disagrees with their narrow point of view is wrong and you become the enemy. This is the kiss of death for forums. It’s the #1 reason I have left forums in the past. No reasonable mind wants to suffer a fool for very long. It's like working a job you hate.

I’ve seen none of that here. To the credit of regulars and those of you who moderate and keep order here. There are always flareups now and then but this is a pretty respectful and sensible community from what I’m seeing. I wish I had come across it sooner. I hope that in time I can give as much as I get.

Keep up the good work.
That’s one hell of an introduction. Welcome to the forum. We have good group of members around here and new members are always welcomed.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts

I’ve been a firearms enthusiast a long time and spent a Kings ransom on guns and all manner of self defense training over the years. Other types of edged weapon and firearms training too but this is mainly a pistol forum and I don’t want to digress. I’m serious about firearms, gun control politics, and often look to others to improve my knowledge and skills. I'm experienced but don’t take myself too seriously. I like to have fun... and dread snowflakes, giant egos or people with no sense of humor.

Keep up the good work.
...great post... well said..

·
Administrator
40,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,994 ·
It's time for me to round up the boys and do a bit of road work before calling it a night.

God Bless,
Chuck, Out!

·
Administrator
40,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,996 ·
Morning John, morning ladies and gentlemen, it's 49 here in Dimondale going to 75 today.

Reactions: Lisa93 and JC45

·
Administrator
40,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,998 ·

God Bless
Chuck, Out!

9981 - 10000 of 10111 Posts