Kimber Talk Forums banner

Chatting Thread V about nothing in particular

502K views 14K replies 94 participants last post by  Chuck43 
#1 ·
Time to close out chatting thread IV and open V. This is the 4th time I'm doing this since we started the forum. The forum software has problems when threads get too large and 9,000+ posts is right on the threshold so to avoid problems we move on to V.

#9,284 ·
Wheel Sky Tire Cloud Vehicle

My Uber showed around 10 am. We had to pull the rear axles out to tow it and remove the drive shafts.
Automotive tire Hat Serveware Wood Gas

I wasn't panning for gold 😁 those are pieces of the rear end gears in the axle oil. The rear yoke was just flapping around, there wasn't any contact with the ring gear. The rear end has definitely come completely apart. $1100 to tow me 74 miles wasn't as painful as I thought it was going to be. Now I wait to see the bill for the rear end. I'll complete this delivery then go home a d have the front drive axle gone through. All in all, not a terrible day. It could be worse, it could be raining.
Black Motor vehicle Black-and-white Gas Jacket

#9,294 ·
HA! I love it when I only have an 8 hour day. Granted, back when I worked in a set location all day, 8 hours did seem like forever. These days 10-12 feels like 8 used to, since every day is different. Hell, a quarter of the time I don't even have a commute, since I punch in at home and drive straight to wherever I'm going first. It's a nice gig. At least, it is when it's not wintering it up outside.

Morning folks. It's 32° and we're looking at 51 today mostly sunny. Sooner the better, since I dragged my trailer home last night and couldn't park in the garage. Hope my remote start works. Sometimes it pops a check-money light for a glowplug circuit, and if that happens it won't. We'll see.

#9,304 ·
I went by the shop today. Looks as if the input shaft bearing came apart and went through the housing. The ring gear is shot and the power devider is out. I doubt I'm getting my core charge back
Boy, you done did that one good!

Morning folks. It's 42° already this morning and we're expecting 56 today. They're talking about snow showers tonight and tomorrow morning with less than an inch accumulation, hopefully with all the 50° days we've had lately and- most importantly, today- it won't stick. Probably need to salt in the morning anyway since it's only going to be 32 tomorrow, but. Anyway.

#9,303 ·
Morning everyone, yesterday afternoon was really nice weather wise. Today it’s 38 and going up to 48. Really not bad for February.

Yesterday my wife was involved in a car accident. She’s ok, went to the emergency room and everything looks ok. We were concerned with her neck and back because she recently had surgery.

Today we are doing some car/suv/truck shopping. Not sure what she wants but it will be a 4WD or AWD. The big question is what’s in stock. Might opt for something used but looking around at prices and used isn’t much cheaper than new. We’ll have to see what’s out there. I was really hoping to keep her car until the end of the year. I’ll have the house paid off and we could have more options to choose from.