Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Custom 1911 Pistols - Jardine's Custom Handguns - 1911A1 Pistolsmith

I have heard from a source with good authority that this guy is on the list of 10 best master smiths in the country. Up there with Bill Wilson and Eddie Brown...And I've certainly heard of Valtro, just never have seen one in person. He is putting on an 8 hour 1911 course next month in San Rafael Ca.
Thinking seriously about attending meeting him.:cool:

·
Registered
276 Posts
What's the pricing on them? Or if I have to ask I probably can't afford it? They are beautiful guns BTW, I have never seen one before so for all I know it's a refurbished Hi Point.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's the pricing on them? Or if I have to ask I probably can't afford it? They are beautiful guns BTW, I have never seen one before so for all I know it's a refurbished Hi Point.
I've seen older used ones going between $4K-6K
I'll need to ask him what a new build is.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I guess what you spend is relative to what you make. The last few years the semi custom and full house custom trend has exploded. The cheapest Wilson is 3k plus!? And Vickers thinks his are worth 10k!!!? I dint know if these are really a better investment than mutual funds and real estate but from a using perspective there certainly is a point of diminishing returns for me. But if had Jay Lenos car collection I would see half of it and buy guns like these.

The most of the world has been convinced that building or tuning a 1911 is black art and that few were blessed by the gods with the knowledge. Ah no.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Indeed, custom hand-fit work of art. They sell them in San Rafael can't wait to see one/hold it.
Don't get me wrong I greatly admire the work of some of the greats. And Jason Burton's restorations are gorgeous. I would look at custom guns than Mona Lisa. I just don't NEED one.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Gee's I wonder if my son really really wants to go to College.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
We all buy our special "purdy" gun, eventually. But a quality good shooter is probably a wiser use of funds. I've just spent about as much as I'll ever spend on a pistol. Any future firearms will be primarily chosen for their reported shootability or specialty caliber.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We all buy our special "purdy" gun, eventually. But a quality good shooter is probably a wiser use of funds. I've just spent about as much as I'll ever spend on a pistol. Any future firearms will be primarily chosen for their reported shootability or specialty caliber.
Thats not my policy ;)

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Reality Check!!

I am a shooter/hunter. I have never been a collector or investor in firearms. If I buy it, I shoot it. Therefore, I avoid rare collectors items like the plague. All I would do is reduce the value of it. Firearms like that are not meant for rough hands like mine!!! :(:(:(

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am a shooter/hunter. I have never been a collector or investor in firearms. If I buy it, I shoot it. Therefore, I avoid rare collectors items like the plague. All I would do is reduce the value of it. Firearms like that are not meant for rough hands like mine!!! :(:(:(
I shoot them all. I'm with you!

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts
Maybe if I had money to burn but until then I like dreaming about guns I feel I could eventually buy not something that's totally out of reach.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe if I had money to burn but until then I like dreaming about guns I feel I could eventually buy not something that's totally out of reach.
Hear that. Chuck, you have a son. I have 2 + 2 daughters. The Kimber 3" is spoken for, both Brown's are now "adopted", and I have one son graduating from college soon. He wants a CQB. I introduced them to shooting so it's all my fault...there's a green-over-earthtone CQB coming in 2.5 weeks from now and he was with me at the gun store yesterday when we found out about it. After that, it's back to Kimbers for me. I can't get that Raptor out of my head man.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Hear that. Chuck, you have a son. I have 2 + 2 daughters. The Kimber 3" is spoken for, both Brown's are now "adopted", and I have one son graduating from college soon. He wants a CQB. I introduced them to shooting so it's all my fault...there's a green-over-earthtone CQB coming in 2.5 weeks from now and he was with me at the gun store yesterday when we found out about it. After that, it's back to Kimbers for me. I can't get that Raptor out of my head man.
Maybe you should get all you need now before California outlaws everything but slingshots...:D
Great hearing a bit about the family...

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts
You're a great dad, ever considered adopting a senior citizen?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts