Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
....cleaning on my everlasting arms.

Very hot and humid, no breeze today. So I stayed inside and performed my 2-month rust check ritual on these cherished pistolas today while humming that tune.

The Berettas were feeling neglected so I quickly put a few rounds thru each today then went back inside. Stripped and cleaned them.

Photograph White Light Black Air gun

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Old hymn. Predominately Baptist but it has been suggested the Pilgrims brought it with them.

Others may recall Robert Mitchum singing this in Night of the Hunter. He played a psychopath pretending to be a minister. Possibly the creepiest noir film character ever.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pilgrim myth busted. It was written circa 1870. Perhaps the term pilgrim was taken out of context. A variation of this old hymn was central to the musical score for True Grit. One of the best westerns ever.

Anyway, I became a little more ambitious today and cleaned this Cheetah. I can't believe what prices they are getting on GB for these. Especially the Inox/nickel model.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought that Cheetah from a guy in the parking lot of a Cabelas in WA for 250 bucks about 8 years ago. Now they are selling for an average of $800-900. Some more. Hooda thunk it. A 380 selling for that much coin. I have the blued model also. I may sell them while the gettin' is good. Put that towards the Nighthawk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts