Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I thought I would share some pictures of my color filled Kimber Custom II that I own and did myself. It's cheap and easy to do, it also makes them look really cool. I also am including a picture of my Smith & Wesson Airweight.

Enjoy,

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
They look good, I did that years ago with the scrolling on a couple of Beretta O/U shotguns I have. I believe I used a product called Gold Lode that I bought from Brownells.

·
Super Moderator
5,190 Posts
It's different I glad you like it. Welcome to the forum by the way!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Cool. Custom II is a great gun. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Hey Ya'll!

Welcome to the forum from beautiful downtown Monroe, Georgia!!!!
:cool::cool::cool:
City of Monroe.jpg

You did some nice work there. I'm just not much of a color fill kind of guy. My tastes for gun "fancyfying" run in other directions. I tend toward performance mods, fancy grips and good leather, kind of the total package!! Leaning in the direction of a "barbecue gun"!! :eek::eek:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Use to do a lot of that for my guns as well as others years ago. Stuff has been around for decades. Plan on doing Gold on my Warrior...just need the time. It's different owners, (Forester), but it is/was just called Bonanza Gold, Silver, etc... Here is a link.... I still have the original powders, just need the juice. Also comes in Silver... Gold Lode is a newer brand I believe.... Note: Very fine and shallow engraving is a biotch to do and may not hold...
BONANZA BRUSHING INLAY | Brownells
Manufacturer page: http://www.forsterproducts.com/store.asp?pid=24838

Here's a vid...

Reactions: Insta-Gator
1 - 8 of 8 Posts