Kimber Talk Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
On the bright side, Apple's newest operating systems prevent apps from tracking your activity unless you explicitly allow it. Facebook is having a fit. This current webpage on Kimbertalk? I'm currently blocking five different requests.

View attachment 124957
Canadian trackers keeping tabs on those terrible American gun owners.....lol

Didn't PM Justin Bieber just announce he's going to throw covid patients in concentration camps and ban handguns?

·
Super Moderator
38,020 Posts
I have a question about posting a picture using a link, like the ones I post in the joke thread. On the old forum when I clicked on new post it would open a window then I'd click on the little picture at the bottom of the window and insert the link, ie, https://goodjoke.files123laugh. How or where do I do that on this new software?

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Hold my beer...

Ok... that wasn't too hard. I'll admit, it took a couple tries to get it right. So you still click the little "picture" icon. When the box pops up, in the upper left are two more icons. One allows you to upload an image from your computer. Click the chain links, and you'll get a box where you can insert the URL.

·
Registered
13,866 Posts
I have a question about posting a picture using a link, like the ones I post in the joke thread. On the old forum when I clicked on new post it would open a window then I'd click on the little picture at the bottom of the window and insert the link, ie, https://goodjoke.files123laugh. How or where do I do that on this new software?
On the tool bar at the bottom where you just type new post...Click the icon that looks like "two links of chain" the one to the right of the "paper clip" icon. If you hold the pointer on it, it will say "Insert Link."
I "think" that's what your looking for?

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I strongly suggest that you guys using Google Chrome stop, delete it and move over to FireFox and use Duck Duck go for your search engine. Google keeps track of everything you do.
Firefox has joined the globalist cabal of censorship lords. Opera, Brave, or for Firefox lovers Pale Moon are solid.

·
Administrator
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
This is all fine and dandy, but now I'm getting big dark "blobs" on the right side of the screen that prevent complete reading of what's posted. I've seen these blobs preventing reading on Accurate Shooter too, but surprised to see this here. What is causing it, and how can I rid what used to be a 'home forum' of this annoying feature?
This is 100% because of Internet Explorer. Its not longer supported by a lot of sites and no longer gets updated. Swapping to Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge (which actually isn't bad) will solve this issue and give you a far better browsing experience.

-Mike

·
Administrator
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The "recommended reading" thing is gonna cause alot of old threads to rise up from the graveyard like zombies in a b movie.
Both the homepage recommended reading and the section at the end of threads will begin to improve for individual members as the machine learning begins to see activity on the new site. Also, we're making changes so that older threads carry less weight vs new ones and will begin to show up less and less unless truly relevant. You should see all of this improve over the coming weeks.

-Mike

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
On the bright side, Apple's newest operating systems prevent apps from tracking your activity unless you explicitly allow it. Facebook is having a fit. This current webpage on Kimbertalk? I'm currently blocking five different requests.

View attachment 124957
APPLES LATEST UPDATE COMPLETELY SCREWED UP BATTERY LIFE...NOW THEY JUST LISTEN IN I GUESS

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Both the homepage recommended reading and the section at the end of threads will begin to improve for individual members as the machine learning begins to see activity on the new site. Also, we're making changes so that older threads carry less weight vs new ones and will begin to show up less and less unless truly relevant. You should see all of this improve over the coming weeks.

-Mike
Just a suggestion:
Maybe auto archive threads past a certain date and close them?
That way the machine can still recommend them for reading, but new members won't be able to raise them from the grave with new posts.
That way the information is preserved and recommended.
This will also utilize the machine's recommendations to prevent duplicate threads from being created, by proxy of presenting the info (in the archived threads) if its relevant to the current discussion.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Being a dinosaur, I was not liking the change. But after changing my browser, things are much better now. And I'll add that I really like the "Dark Mode". Much better than getting blasted with the bright, light screen first thing in the morning. It seems to give the forum a bit of class somehow.

·
Super Moderator
38,020 Posts
I have to agree with you on the dark mode, it's a lot easier on my old eyes.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts