Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a new member but have been looking at this forum for a while now.

I was hoping someone here would be able to offer some help in finding a dealer/shop that has a Kimber Compact CDP II in 45 available. I want to get it but haven't been able to find one anywhere! I know there are another 3 CDP models in different sizes(Ultra, Pro and Custom) but this is the one that I decided on, if i can find it.

Any information is appreciated.

Link from Kimber website:

·
Registered
16,055 Posts
Hi I am a new member but have been looking at this forum for a while now.

I was hoping someone here would be able to offer some help in finding a dealer/shop that ha s a Kimber Compact CDP II in 45 available. I want to get it but haven't been able to find one anywhere! I know there are another 3 CDP models in different sizes(Ultra, Pro and Custom) but this is the one that I decided on, if i can find it.

Any information is appreciated.

Link from Kimber website:
Welcome to the site from Tennessee.

Searching for another Kimber unicorn…Compact CDP out of production for a good while now.

·
Administrator
41,672 Posts
Welcome to the forum JD1911, how about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership. Tell us something about yourself, your hobbies, and what area you're located in.

Reactions: stockmaker

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Or you could try to find the other Kimber unicorn in the exact same configuration, the Super Carry Ultra + which is also an 8+1 in .45ACP. Not sure which one would be easier to find, as both are long out of production, but they can be found with enough poking about.

And with the SCU+ model, you also get the sweet round butt loved by many. ;)
Pic taken the day she came back from the mothership after a complete re-finish job, fresh night sights and total rebuild. Sights were dead-on.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discovered something interesting about a week ago. Kimber “STILL” lists the compact CDP II on their website, in the “California compliant “ section!!! To my prior understanding, they were discontinued after 2016! Possibly find a dealer in CA that does transfers? I’m in VA and my LGS recently received several CA compliant Kimbers , including the Ultra CDP II with black frame, instead of the currently catalogued Ultra CDP with charcoal gray frame. (It’s in layaway now!) Check it out on the website. It’s pretty interesting!

·
Registered
16,055 Posts
I'm surprised to hear it listed on the Kimber website. Could it be that simple?

·
Registered
16,055 Posts
Who knew? Guess we’ll find out in due time.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts