Kimber Talk Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
To each his own. I have the Officer model of the CDP II and believe it offers the best balance. The 4 inch barrel clears the holster faster than the 5 inch and saves a bit of weight while providing a decent sight radius. The full size grip with Wilson Combat magazines provides 8+1 capacity.

·
Registered
500 Posts
To each his own. I have the Officer model of the CDP II and believe it offers the best balance. The 4 inch barrel clears the holster faster than the 5 inch and saves a bit of weight while providing a decent sight radius. The full size grip with Wilson Combat magazines provides 8+1 capacity.
The Compact has the smaller Officers model grip. Too bad they don't make anymore.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Hi I am a new member but have been looking at this forum for a while now.

I was hoping someone here would be able to offer some help in finding a dealer/shop that has a Kimber Compact CDP II in 45 available. I want to get it but haven't been able to find one anywhere! I know there are another 3 CDP models in different sizes(Ultra, Pro and Custom) but this is the one that I decided on, if i can find it.

Any information is appreciated.

Link from Kimber website:
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I own one and expect it back from Kimber service TODAY (12/04/2022). It has only about 200-250 shots thru it but is about 10 yrs old. The problem was a failure to fire due to thumb safety moving slightly 1/16th sideways ( not on or off) after a successful shot and preventing the trigger from being pulled for the next shot. Trigger was "locked" until safety was pushed back in. I'm very disappointed if only for the fact that this seems to be a factory defect but I'm being charged and already prepaid $115 for the repair. It also "keyholes" the bullets but that may be the WWW ammo I usually put thru it......but we'll see.

Mark

21 - 30 of 30 Posts