Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a good concealed carry holster for a full size 1911. More specifically, I was looking at Galco King Tuk. Does anyone have any suggestions???

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been looking for a good concealed carry holster for a full size 1911. More specifically, I was looking at Galco King Tuk. Does anyone have any suggestions???
Can't speak to the Galco model you asked about, but if you want excellent quality with reasonable cost and wait times, I have found Ryan Grizzles holsters to be hard to beat. I like the Towne and Country for IWB carry, and the Country Boy for belt carry.

http://www.rgrizzleleather.com/

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't speak to the Galco model you asked about, but if you want excellent quality with reasonable cost and wait times, I have found Ryan Grizzles holsters to be hard to beat. I like the Towne and Country for IWB carry, and the Country Boy for belt carry.

http://www.rgrizzleleather.com/
Wow, just got done checking it out... I'm looking for and iwb holster and that CS2 looks alot like what I'm going for. Aside from that, the entire selection is worth drooling over, very nice work. Thanks for sharing, hopefully I can use some Christmas money on one...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Minotaur by www.comp-tac.com it's a the best I've ever owned and the nice thing about it is you can purchase ad-ons to use it with different guns. When I wear it I forget that sometimes that its on its amazing. It's a little pricy but well worth it's value.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are really nice too... right along the lines that I was looking for as far as a tuckable iwb holster goes. I really like the light mounted ones, those are the first I have seen and I am hoping to get a Stainless TLE II RL so I can carry a mounted light on duty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just saw that they only do the light mounted ones for Glock. I wonder if they can do a custom job for a 1911

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah I think they make custom holsters too, give them a call. If you do buy one get the MTAC it has all the best features of all of the IWH holsters. I have one leather backing and 4 hard shell spare bodies and they are really easy to change out. I just read their site and they do custom holsters too you have to call them it said and they will quote you a price. Please let me know how much a custom holster costs I'm curious. Also, I think the MTAC is the only holster you can change out bodies for different guns.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I get one I will let you know. It will probably be a while since I don't have the gun yet, but when I do call them I will for sure post it on here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am really fond of high noon iwb custom holsters. They fit snogly, have tension screws, allow shirt tuck in, and come in high and low ride versions

1 - 14 of 14 Posts