Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For last few years, my every day carry is a Super Carry Custom HD. It currently has the stock grip panels, I think they're called G-10.

I'm considering Crimson Trace grips, but all I can find on their website is the LG-907 Rosewood grips for the round heel. I really want the CT grips that come on the Master Carry Custom, but I can't find them anywhere. I think the CT # is LG-915. When I talked to CT, they said that they only sell them directly to Kimber. I talked to Kimber, they said they don't sell them separately, they only sell them on the Master series.

Does anyone have any more info than this?

Thanks in advance,
Joe

·
Super Moderator
38,337 Posts
It looks like you touched all the bases Joe, I was told the same thing by CT and Kimber when I was thinking about getting a set of the Master Carry grips to put on my Super Carry.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Joe, I'm usually good at finding things but I didn't have any luck. I found some that "sorta" looked like the Master Carry grips — provided you're blind. But they had that angled butt, not the pretty round Kimber butt. Looks like you need to buy a Master Carry. I could think of worse things.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Dang!

Don't ya hate it when you know exactly what you want and nobody is willing to sell it that way?? :mad::mad::mad:
Air.Head (1).JPG

·
Super Moderator
38,337 Posts
Don't ya hate it when you know exactly what you want and nobody is willing to sell it that way?? :mad::mad::mad:
View attachment 1373
I can understand when Kimber contracted with Crimson Trace to make a special grip for the Master Carry series and ask them not to sell them to the public. What I can't understand is why Kimber shows a new model (Master Carry) 2 years before they're available to the public. I tried for a year to find a Master Carry Pro and when customer service told me that they weren't in production yet I gave in last year and bought Super Carry Pro.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts