Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have any of ya'll taken any game with your Kimber Pistols? I dropped this 105 lb doe at 40 yards with my Kimber .45 ACP pistol two years ago. I "shot" the picture with my Fuji digital camera first, then shot the doe with my Kimber!!!
Doe Nov 10th.jpg
I also had a heated discussion with a large bobcat that was trying to join me in a ground blind. When Mr. Kimber joined the discussion, the cat saw things my way!!! The 4" hole through his chest may have had something to do with his decision!!! Actually, it was more of a viewing port than a hole.!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: PorscheVille

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I have not. But I am impressed with a 40 yard pistol shot. Where did you hit her and did she run a bit or drop?

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not. But I am impressed with a 40 yard pistol shot. Where did you hit her and did she run a bit or drop?
The deer did not move from the spot where the photo was taken. It was a "quartering to shot". I sent a 230 grain Winchester Supreme PDX1 jacketed hollow to the center of the chest. It turned the chest cavity to soup, not going passed the diaphragm. There was no exit hole. She walked 10 yards and dropped stone cold dead! :eek::eek: A very gratifying shot!!! ;);)

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
While I've successfully hunted both deer and antelope with handguns I've never felt the .45 was the best tool for the job.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While I've successfully hunted both deer and antelope with handguns I've never felt the .45 was the best tool for the job.
Yes, there are more powerful handguns out there that may be better at longer ranges, but the .45 ACP is a legendary manstopper. If it can drop a 180 man in his tracks; a 105 lb whitetail doe will not react much differently. I limit shots to 50 yards and under. As I said, the deer walked 10 yards and dropped stone cold dead!! How much more power was required??:confused::confused::confused:

BTW, venison shot with a .45 ACP tastes great!!!

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Venison always tastes best after a quick kill. Long, slow deaths allow foul-tasting hormones to permeate the meat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts