Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Due to a sale of rifle I bought one of these much to the shock of friends who said I would need gloves so as not to get a polymer rash.

I promptly purchased the fire control group and spring kit from Cajun Gunworks who seem to only specialize in CZ stuff.

I had my son install it and the switched the de cocker to the safety to carry it "cocked and locked". The trigger pull of both single and double action to include reset were quite amazingly improved. This 9 has a mag capacity of 19 and with the small back strap is the closest plastic gun to the ergos and point ability of a 1911 as I have ever found. And it is very accurate.

Though the safety is rather flat with no shelf to thumb rest it knocks off easily on the presentation to target but is a little challenging to re engage.

I bought it as a curiosity knowing it would likely shoot a hundred rounds and throw it in the safe forever. It was promptly stolen from by son who seems to love it and shoots it well.

It has about 500 through it at this point without any issue. Considering the price this is really a value piece that people are just starting learn about. In the realm of the plastic guns this is to me certainly above the MP, Glock and XDm if you don't mind the exposed hammer. The muzzle rise is less as is felt recoil than the other wonder nines.

The only downside so far is mags cost $46.

It will not replace my 1911s but ... Oh who am I kidding I will never get my hands on it again anyways.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
38,416 Posts
LOL, I have a son that has the same problem, he hears "I'll let you use it" as "Here son, it's yours to keep".

Reactions: Lineman

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, I have a son that has the same problem, he hears "I'll let you use it" as "Here son, it's yours to keep".
Haha. Well he did return the TLE Pro....

·
Super Moderator
38,416 Posts
The last time my son was here he accidentally put one of his Glocks back in my safe instead of the Kimber I let him shoot. When I asked him what was going on he claimed it was an honest mistake he just got them mixed up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The last time my son was here he accidentally put one of his Glocks back in my safe instead of the Kimber I let him shoot. When I asked him what was going on he claimed it was an honest mistake he just got them mixed up.
Wait a minute there can't possibly be two of them because I have one just like him

·
Super Moderator
38,416 Posts
Wait a minute there can't possibly be two of them because I have one just like him
Well if you have one then there are 3 because Mike and I each have one.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Mike always has interesting posts. We need a new sub forum called, "Mike240's Mentor Minute"

We could all learn a lot from just reading his comments.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mike always has interesting posts. We need a new sub forum called, "Mike240's Mentor Minute"

We could all learn a lot from just reading his comments.
Wow. That is very flattering but more than I deserve. Just passing on a little info!

Thanks

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Oh Hell Yeah!!

I feel your pain of sons and firearms!! For years I have stated that I have spent far more on guns for my son than I ever have for myself!!! As far back as I can remember, I have always wanted a Remington hunting rifle. My son has one!!! (Guess who paid for it!!) Dad is still plodding along with his old Ruger M77 Ultralight .308. I'm not complaining. I'm just sayin'......!! Just to add insult to injury, when my first grandson was born on March 17th, my son named him Remington!!! I guess I can now say that I have a Remington!!!!:D:D:D

All humor aside, I do not mind in the least. My son is all that any father could ever ask for. He has grown into a fine, responsible adult. He is an excellent husband, father and soldier!! I firmly believe in the words from the Bible,spoken by Our Heavenly Father, "This is my son, of whom I am well pleased!!!" Hell, his wife even buys him guns!!! When he returned from deployment to Iraq, she gave him a Kimber Raptor II!!! Uncle Sam gave him the M-240 Medium Machine Gun!!!
Stryker Gunner2.jpg Kimber Raptor II.jpg
My wife never bought me anything like that!!!

Sleep well tonight, my friends, my son is standing guard!!!
25th Infantry Division, 2nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team--1st Battalion 14th Infantry Regiment--Golden Knights, Schofield Barracks, Hawaii
The Electric Strawberry.JPG
TROPIC LIGHTNING

Reactions: Ultraman

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm with you on that one Lineman. I've never had a moments problem with my son and he is ALWAYS happy to remind me of that fact. In return he has decided that anything I own can be " borrowed" for as long as he feels necessary. Sometimes I gripe a little just to make myself feel better. Honestly, I don't mind. My own father taught me many years ago that " stuff" is just "stuff" but family is everything. I just wish he would return my *#%#* Master carry Ultra. Hell, I never even had a chance to shoot it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts