Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an 8551 Mediator that I have been carrying the last few months qnd i absolutely love it. Actually very similar to the one I just got dad. I know i have enjoyed the auto knife. I have an Infidel as well but I have come to realize it's really not the best EDC knife. But damn it fun to play with.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice looking knife. I carry a spring assisted one my self in place of a folding pocket knife. I use it for everything and wouldn't want to ruin one as nice as that.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Nice. Most of my knives now are all auto's with a few exceptions.

Warning! Once you/he starts down the "auto road", there's no turning back. You or he will be hooked, and soon more auto flippers, then OTF's will start to appear. Seen it myself! ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cherish these moments. I so much enjoyed getting gifts for my father for his birthday, Father’s Day, and Christmas. Ever since I was a small boy I would get him a knife. Then as I got older it would be guns or tools or stuff. The several years before his passing I completed his Belgium Browning A5 collection. 20ga, 12ga,16ga. He was very proud of those. Sadly last November the Fauci/Communist/Dem virus got him. So enjoy these times my friend. I’d give anything to have one more chat with dad.

Yours is going to love this knife! I love the color too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He loved it. Gave him the knife today. He has been carrying an HK auto i had given him a year or so ago. I bought that one for myself. I Had that HK for about 14 hours. I showed it to dad the day after i bought it and i gpt the feeling he liked it better than i did. So i gave him the HK. The auto bug bit Our family a long time ago. I sat down with my triangle stone set and got a screaming edge on that knife new benchmade. Scary sharp. It was a brand new Benchmade. It was already sharp. I spent 15 mins and made it amazing. I really like that s30v steel it is made from.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts