Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a super carry custom hd today. They told me it'd probably be May before they got it. Is that normal? And I'm just wandering if any of y'all have any experience with Andrews leather out of Florida I think?

·
Super Moderator
5,226 Posts
First, welcome to the forum! Hopefully it won't take that long. A lot of companies like to give themselves plenty of time " just in case." Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i looked at that and they seemed to be the same price. And my thought was that they were someone's old stock are something. I was sorta concerned about getting one that would have a bad finish I heard some had. I'm new kimber and it the first handgun I've bought

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Welcome to the forum from almost the Middle of Tennessee. Hope you find one before then....I know..I worry when I want a new toy and have to wait.

·
Super Moderator
5,226 Posts
Kimber lesson number one....
Don't believe the keyboard commando's!!
We have actual owner operators here and the info and opinions are usually...spot on. As far as the internet dealers go, most are reputable and the gun you get will be new and no older then the one you ordered.

·
Registered
15,307 Posts
Well i looked at that and they seemed to be the same price. And my thought was that they were someone's old stock are something. I was sorta concerned about getting one that would have a bad finish I heard some had. I'm new kimber and it the first handgun I've bought
Welcome to the site from Tennessee! If you want to maybe wait until May for your Kimber you certainly can but I think it is a waste of your time. I have bought a lot of guns from GunBroker, some new and some used no problems with any of them.
As a matter of fact my last purchase from GunBroker was a "New Old Stock" Kimber SIS Ultra when I called Kimber they said it was made on Sept. 17 2007. And yes it looked and is perfect.
So my point is no need to wait unless you really want to.

Attachments

·
Administrator
40,776 Posts
James I've bought a number of guns on gun broker and never gotten a bad one. The majority of them are sold by reputable gun shops and come with a full Kimber factory warranty. As for your questioning old stock, a new gun sitting in a dealers showcase for a month or a year is still a new gun. One of our members recently bought a new Kimber SIS, Kimber stopped making them in 2010 but it still came with a full factory warranty.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
No negatives!

I bought my Raptor II and my Eclipse II 10 mm on gun broker. You can see their sales record their rating and read feedback they have received ask them questions. I have talked to some on the phone getting my questions answered The Raptor I bought I saved about $250.00 by going through an ffl on gun broker rather than buying from a LGS. I have also bought many used fire arms from GB I cannot think of one negative about gun broker! All of my experiences have been great!
That was a mouthful. What ever you decide to do just remember it is going be just your first Kimber there will be more to follow.

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Hey, James.
The others are spot on about checking GunBroker. Also take a look at GunsAmerica and GunAuction. I've bought a lot of guns online. Only once have I been disappointed with a purchase, but the seller took it back. If you're skeptical, pay with a credit card.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Welcome to KT.

We purchased our first two Kimbers at the LGS. Then I wanted a Super Carry Ultra HD. Ordered though LGS. Weeks and weeks later, no ETA.

I ordered from Gun Broker. Was VERY nervous. Everything went perfectly.

Ordered my Stainless Raptor Pro through Gun Broker with full confidence. Very smooth process.

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
152 Posts
My 45 CovertII took 6 months to the day to get here in Montana...

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Oh Yeah!!!

The time to receive a gun ordered through a gun shop varies. It depends on the distributor that they are dealing with. I assume that you have at least put money down on the gun. So you are kind of in a "gotcha" spot now. You can look at Gun Broker and see if there is one through another dealer or individual. But then you'd have to try to get your money back from the LGS.

As for your other question, yes, I am quite familiar with Andrews Gun Leather of Florida. Mr. Andrews makes regular trips to Georgia to sell his wares at Atlanta area gun shows. He is a true craftsman and an absolute gentleman to deal with.

Click on the link below, regarding Andrews Leather. Lots of good info there!

http://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/kimber-concealed-carry/7965-andrews-leather.html

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.