Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
This is like owning an airplane.

For every mile/hour of operation, you MUST set aside an account for mechanical parts and installation.

Factor in $10,000 very 4-5 years for batteries.

Smart track would be, being able to charge it autonomously (off grid).
I can store a years worth of diesel, you can't store a years worth of electrons.

But there is always a tech answer...
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Tow a diesel generator!

·
Registered
560 Posts
This is at best an applaudible, naive approch.
I used to applaud those that take the financial risk to help forward a NEW IDEA.

I've bought into electric battery powered everything. Chainsaws, drills, lights, utv carts...and they are all useful toys at best!

40 years ago SOLAR POWER was going to "Save the World!"

20 years ago, WIND POWER was going to "Save the World..."

Cheap Chinese batteries will "Sa..."

Until there is an ecologically sound way to store electricity long term, it's all crap!

In my State, they charge a fee on new tires/batteies for the disposale of old tires. It will stop huge tire/battery dumps. No it doesn't.
Natural environment Ash Pollution Lava Fissure vent

Corrupt people steal the money and tire fires still happen!

Corrupt people currently take all kinds of subsidies for energy ideas/experimentation.

Please stop buying into expensive, impractical BS and look for practical responsible solutions.

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Building Vehicle

·
Registered
560 Posts
"The very next day, Biden's EPA issued new emissions rules for diesel engines requiring a FURTHER reduction of 90% in exhaust pollutants, ensuring they WON'T be cheaper to operate."
End quote

So, EV wins because BRANDON legislates death of fossil fuel trucks?

The joke continues...
Font Electric blue Poster Brand Advertising

I have a Delivery Logistics story for you.

The Cali port has been backlogged because Cali DOT won't allow CA none compliant trucks, that run interstate to go there.

Keep legislating...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Right now, we have the tech to make gasoline and diesel autos that would get 60+ mpg.

So why don't we have them?

The average person will not LOWER themselves to the reduced performance and less creature comforts of a 1,000-1,500lb grocery getter.

When was the last time you city dwellers rode public transportation? Bus? Train?

How many vehicles do you own?
The eco destruction costs of each vehicle being built is huge, even if you don't drive it.

Was your old vehicle actually beyond repair or vanity just made you want a new car?

How many vehicles does your family own?
I violate this...we have two drivers and two vehicles. We never drive them both at the same time.

The eco destructive footprint of a new tech EV is even bigger than a new gas vehicle. You could re-engine any 15 mpg used vehicle and
be more more economically, environmentally conscious, conservative than buying ANYTHING new!

Then we have the Nanny State doubling the weight of the average car (in the name of SAFETY) crippling potential gas milage!

My paid for 20 year old F250 truck, I bought used and rebuilt, avgs 15mpg. It will outlast me. I've got about $7,000 in it or... I could lay out about $60k for a new one that gets, oh shat, 15.5mpg. I guess it wouldn't smell like manure for a year or so.

Manipulate the figures any way you want you could NEVER economically/ecologically justify a new $60+K EV, gas, or hybrid vehicle, NO MATTER THE MILES PER DOLLAR!

Oh yeah...IT'S A HUSTLE!

Needs, you need transportation! Maybe...

Wants, you want something safe & comfy!

Desires, you desire, fast, AC, quiet, computer in dash, wifi, leather, ...

·
Registered
560 Posts
HERE YA GO!

Font Handwriting Rectangle Circle Paper product

Five billion dollars for a subsidy that will only benefit warm weather States. 100 million people will pay taxes, so a million people can charge a toy....

This kind of crap is what makes EV, CLIMATE CHANGE & SCIENCE so maddening!

Blue Font Gas Engineering Electric blue

·
Registered
560 Posts
The BIG DEAL is spending our TAXES to support a currently failing product.

Remember, Government is not supposed to make Winners and Loosers! Specially not with my money and while in tremendous debt!

Margo is my sister, she would never talk to you.

Sky Water Cloud Building Tree

A local city, put in a hundred EV charging stations...never seen a car hooked to one.
Walmart put five at all the local SuperCenters, never seen any in use!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts