Kimber Talk Forums banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Right now, we have the tech to make gasoline and diesel autos that would get 60+ mpg.

So why don't we have them?

The average person will not LOWER themselves to the reduced performance and less creature comforts of a 1,000-1,500lb grocery getter.

When was the last time you city dwellers rode public transportation? Bus? Train?

How many vehicles do you own?
The eco destruction costs of each vehicle being built is huge, even if you don't drive it.

Was your old vehicle actually beyond repair or vanity just made you want a new car?

How many vehicles does your family own?
I violate this...we have two drivers and two vehicles. We never drive them both at the same time.

The eco destructive footprint of a new tech EV is even bigger than a new gas vehicle. You could re-engine any 15 mpg used vehicle and
be more more economically, environmentally conscious, conservative than buying ANYTHING new!

Then we have the Nanny State doubling the weight of the average car (in the name of SAFETY) crippling potential gas milage!

My paid for 20 year old F250 truck, I bought used and rebuilt, avgs 15mpg. It will outlast me. I've got about $7,000 in it or... I could lay out about $60k for a new one that gets, oh shat, 15.5mpg. I guess it wouldn't smell like manure for a year or so.

Manipulate the figures any way you want you could NEVER economically/ecologically justify a new $60+K EV, gas, or hybrid vehicle, NO MATTER THE MILES PER DOLLAR!

Oh yeah...IT'S A HUSTLE!

Needs, you need transportation! Maybe...

Wants, you want something safe & comfy!

Desires, you desire, fast, AC, quiet, computer in dash, wifi, leather, ...

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
I have 330,000 miles on my work suburban that has ice cold AC and heat.
18 mpg and 300 HP.
Own 3 cars, son drive one (2009 sedan with 250k miles) the other is a 11 year old minivan
All purchased used.
Less than $20k in all 3.
If I spend 60k of personal money or finance something for 10 years, it will buy something with acreage.
I regularly make trips beyond 250 miles every single week, and haul a load every trip.
Getting slam dunked into a 10 year loan for a $60-70k vehicle that depreciates is pants-on-head stupid.

·
Registered
61 Posts
A lot of younger people like/love Bling and want to be seen. I have a manager, a real good guy , who works for me in the States. He's about 40 years younger than me and he and his wife both drive a new SUV and Diesel PU and change them out every couple of years. They have bunches of toys, 4 wheelers, speed boat, motorcycles even a motor home. All these are easy to buy with little down and just make payments. But, they can not afford to buy a home because of all the debt and they can't give up the toys or the bling.

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
A lot of younger people like/love Bling and want to be seen. I have a manager, a real good guy , who works for me in the States. He's about 40 years younger than me and he and his wife both drive a new SUV and Diesel PU and change them out every couple of years. They have bunches of toys, 4 wheelers, speed boat, motorcycles even a motor home. All these are easy to buy with little down and just make payments. But, they can not afford to buy a home because of all the debt and they can't give up the toys or the bling.
Hope that manager doesn't manage your finances...
😁

·
Registered
516 Posts
HERE YA GO!

Font Handwriting Rectangle Circle Paper product

Five billion dollars for a subsidy that will only benefit warm weather States. 100 million people will pay taxes, so a million people can charge a toy....

This kind of crap is what makes EV, CLIMATE CHANGE & SCIENCE so maddening!

Blue Font Gas Engineering Electric blue

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
HERE YA GO!

View attachment 129355

Five billion dollars for a subsidy that will only benefit warm weather States. 100 million people will pay taxes, so a million people can charge a toy....

This kind of crap is what makes EV, CLIMATE CHANGE & SCIENCE so maddening!

View attachment 129356
FFS.....
🤦‍♂️
5 billion won't even cover upgrading the grid in Los Angeles enough to stop the current rolling brown outs without adding any charging stations.
Democrat voters really are stupid enough to believe this horse shit.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
A friend sent me a video email yesterday of a Tesla in FL that completely exploded and caught fire in the middle of a city intersection. Shrapnel went 100 yards in all directions, damaged all cars close by. The Tesla was blown completely IN HALF!

Have not seen that much with normal gas-powered cars. And there are NO plans in my future (or anyone I know) who is contemplating one of these "too soon" wonder cars.

Just more govm't BS from the greenies being forced down our collective throats.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
No offense, that is just plain dumb. These people will never see daylight. i retired from the mortgage business & it just blew my mind how much debt people would run up on credit cards, car loans or leases & toys. As soon as their property went up in value they would do a cash out refi pay off their debts. 1 year later they call me up to refi again, all their equity is gone, before you know it they are in foreclosure or short selling their home.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
A friend sent me a video email yesterday of a Tesla in FL that completely exploded and caught fire in the middle of a city intersection. Shrapnel went 100 yards in all directions, damaged all cars close by. The Tesla was blown completely IN HALF!

Have not seen that much with normal gas-powered cars. And there are NO plans in my future (or anyone I know) who is contemplating one of these "too soon" wonder cars.

Just more govm't BS from the greenies being forced down our collective throats.
I live in Boynton Beach, Fl & I see a good handful of retired people driving these cars. Seems like the trendy EV to drive If you want to look hip. I’ll take a gas engine all day long over electric. I only drive about 8 K miles per year, so the price of gas isn’t going to affect my life style.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts