Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last six months, I have been carrying a Kimber Micro 9. In this six month span this little pistol has not only become my favorite one that I own to carry but may in fact be my favorite pistol I own. It's a surprisingly fun to shoot and to shoot it well. Trigger pull on mine weighs in at 4.25 lbs.
I had been carrying one of the original Springfield Range Officers from when they first came out. I still love that firearm. I rarely carry it anymore, if ever. I have carried several other types of guns over the years including revolvers. I honestly cannot imagine finding a CCW that fits me and my tastes, my abilities and a platform i have trained with. I realize this is not the gun for everyone but i highly reccomend checking out a Micro 9 if you find yourself in the market for a new CCW. I am new to the forum, BTW. This is my first post.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Welcome to the forums.
Kimber makes a damn fine gun.
Ive been CCWing a Ultra Carry II in .45 for a few months now and absolutely love it. Flawless with anything I have fed it.
It replaced an HK P2000 as my EDC.
I own quite a few handguns and Kimber has impressed me every step of the way.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Chalk me up for the Ultra II also. If it's just a T-shirt, then my Ruger LCP goes in my back pocket. Otherwise, it's the Ultra Carry I.

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Chalk me up for the Ultra II also. If it's just a T-shirt, then my Ruger LCP goes in my back pocket. Otherwise, it's the Ultra Carry I.
Ditto on the Ultra Carry, mines a Stainless Raptor. Carry that most of the time except city trips, then it’s the G26 with a spare 33 round mag. Hot summer carry, Hellcat in front pocket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Kimber is a full size 1911 and not easy to conceal. My normal carry guns are a Sig-P6 and a Polish P83. The Sig is a former West German Police 9mm and essentially the same as the civilian P225. The Polish P83 is a former military issue pistol in 9x18mm Makarov. Both are easy to conceal, accurate and reliable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The price is what decided on the Micro over the UCII. I found my micro brand new for under 500. I couldnt really say no.
UC II 45 two tone

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Most days my carry is my Super Carry Ultra +, stoked with a 8+1 load of Gold Dot 185gr HP's, resting in my Milt Sparks VMII IWB rig.

Don't really see any reason to change.
(Disclaimer: When it's hot, and shorts are the order of the day, then it's the Micro 9 with 7+1 CD)

·
Registered
158 Posts
My current EDC is an H&K P30SK 10+1 with 124 grain JHP Federal Punch ammo. I currently rotate it with my SIG P365XL 12+!. As soon as I get my new Micro9 Rapide vetted I intend on giving the SIG some safe time. I've also figured out how to add an 8+1 mag to the Micro9 Rapide and I'll add that as a backup to the 7+1 standard mag.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Most days my carry is my Super Carry Ultra +, stoked with a 8+1 load of Gold Dot 185gr HP's, resting in my Milt Sparks VMII IWB rig.

Don't really see any reason to change.
(Disclaimer: When it's hot, and shorts are the order of the day, then it's the Micro 9 with 7+1 CD)
Sweet Microtech. Mines a Benchmade.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Nice couple Rick. Those the factory grips?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
...I am a dinosaur that carries a Colt Competition 9mm or Colt Competition .38 Super or Kimber Pro CDP II .45 ACP; easy carry in shoulder holster...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts