Kimber Talk Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
My favorite used to be a Bersa Thunder 380 now it is my new Kimber Micro 9 in stainless with the black standard grips. I carry inside waistband and use a Versacarry clip device that clips on belt and waistband and has a plastic pin that. goes up inside the barrel. Used that with Bersa and it works great for Micro 9. The Kimber being it is a flatter gun sits real tight to body and doesn't show even under a tee-shirt

·
Registered
159 Posts
My favorite used to be a Bersa Thunder 380 now it is my new Kimber Micro 9 in stainless with the black standard grips. I carry inside waistband and use a Versacarry clip device that clips on belt and waistband and has a plastic pin that. goes up inside the barrel. Used that with Bersa and it works great for Micro 9. The Kimber being it is a flatter gun sits real tight to body and doesn't show even under a tee-shirt
Do you have a pic of that clip?

·
Registered
907 Posts
I use these holsters, also. They make mag carriers, too. I have some of their products, 1615006975546.png 1615006997926.png 1615007024160.png that fit between the mattress and box spring for easy access, while you are asleep.

STRONG SIDED TRIGGERGUARD

To assist with minimizing bulk, we have designed this model with a trigger guard on the strong side of the weapon. When you receive the product, insert it in the desired side for left, or right handed carry.

Sale
Zerobulk® Tactical (IWB) Holster - 9mm, .40S&W, & .45ACP

67 Reviews

SKU: 9-SM-TB

$29.99 $9.99

$29.99

(You save $20.00 )

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
My favorite shooter to carry would be my Micro .380 with factory updated night sights. In an IWB holster it's virtually weightless :) A close second would be my CZ RAMI BD with a 10 round magazine. I can tell there's something on my belt but she conceals nearly as well as the little Kimber.

Attachments

·
Registered
809 Posts
Not my favorite gun, but the one that gets the lion's share of carry because it is just so handy, Sig P365XL.

Never heard of those Versacarry clips they look very interesting!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Not my favorite gun, but the one that gets the lion's share of carry because it is just so handy, Sig P365XL.

Never heard of those Versacarry clips they look very interesting!
I have a Sig P365XL that is currently in rotation with my HK P30. Nice, comfortable shooter. I currently vetting my new Micro 9 Rapide...I think the Sig is going to get some alone time real soon.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I have a Sig P365XL that is currently in rotation with my HK P30. Nice, comfortable shooter. I currently vetting my new Micro 9 Rapide...I think the Sig is going to get some alone time real soon.
Seriously looking at the 365xl romeozero. I have started to buy a 365 twice and stopped short. Its hard for me to buy a polymer gun. I just like metal. But, that said, I am seriously interested in that sig. How does yours shoot? What are your thoughts on the XL?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Seriously looking at the 365xl romeozero. I have started to buy a 365 twice and stopped short. Its hard for me to buy a polymer gun. I just like metal. But, that said, I am seriously interested in that sig. How does yours shoot? What are your thoughts on the XL?
I bought the P365XL a little over a year ago. It shoots spectacular right out of the box. Has shot everything I've thrown at it. I have probably 400+ rounds thru it and there has never been a hiccup. Has a very comfortable grip, I added a Hogue Handall to improve it even more for me. I have large hands and stubby thumbs so I ended up reversing the mag release so I don't have to change up my grip to drop a magazine. The flat trigger is very nice. Has a short trigger pull with a somewhat soft but crisp release. Reset is relatively short. Overall a very nice trigger. I've since added a Shield Plus to the stable and it to has a flat trigger with a short pull and a very crisp release. I feel it's a little nicer than the Sig.
The P365XL conceals ...OKAY..but not great. YMMV

In my quest to find a smaller conceal gun I purchased a P365. The gun shoots as well as its big brother, but, it just didn't feel right in my hand. The grip was to small even with a Hogue Handall on it. So rather than having it become a designated safe queen I sold it. My wife has a Micro 9 that I played with a lttle and felt it would serve that purpose. I bought a Micro 9 Rapide that has more than filled that void.

My EDC rotation is now the Shield Plus, P365Xl and the Micro 9. It's pretty hard making up my mind what I want to carry on any given day but nice that I have a choice. My P30SK is my designated shoulder rig but still gets some IWB time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My Kimber K6s snubby is my most carried EDC gun. It loaded with HSTs and two 5stsr speed loaders of SuperVel 357 are always with me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just a foolish question??

Do beaver tails need to be so pronounced?? Ive thought about having one reduced when I carried it(full size or commander)??

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I guess I'm getting old and set in my ways. My CC weapon is the first CC I ever bought, a S&W Model 60.
A SW model 60 is a fine CCW weapon.
20210419_163536~2.jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just a foolish question??

Do beaver tails need to be so pronounced?? Ive thought about having one reduced when I carried it(full size or commander)??
There is another manufacturer of metal frame guns that makes a concealed carry weapon with an exposed hammer and a small beaver tail. It is the Bersa Thunder 380 CC. Excellent gun and reliable.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts