Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I never really jumped onto the Ammo Hysteria Bandwagon. I started planning ahead a few years ago, so shortages didn't concern me.

But toward the end of last year, I took a kid out for his first time shooting. I brought a variety of guns and enough ammo to invade a small country. The kid took a liking to my M1 Carbine. I had cleared off that shelf of ammo, and we burned through all of it.

Since then, it's been weighing heavily upon my mind. Not that it would be catastrophic if my Carbine days had come to an end, but I might like to shoot it again some day.

Last night I was just surfing the web and found a local manufacturer/retailer who had plenty. It was still very expensive, but cheaper than 5.56x45. So today I ventured on over and bought a big old box. To my surprise, they had a LOT of calibers. It was all expensive, so I just bought what I came for.

After getting home, it occurred to me to check another cabinet. To my surprise, I had a lot more .30 Carbine--enough where I didn't really need to buy more. That's ok, as now I have enough to burn through a bunch indiscriminately. Now that I've seen a store with ammo stacked to the ceiling, there's one less thing to stress out about. I'll always be able to buy more. Life is good.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I remember years ago when my did had to go to a home I found 30,000 rounds of 30 caliber ammo in my fathers stash. I loaded it up in the car and tried to give it to somebody. Since this was in Massachusetts and I live in New Mexico I could not get it here and nobody wanted it. I finally went to the police department and had to beg them to take it! If I did that today I wonder what the response would be.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Sweet sweet ammo

Product Guitar accessory Tool Hand tool String instrument accessory

Scope mounts arrive today for my .224 Vakyrie build...I only have 100 or so rounds for it.
.224V is expensive.
This weekend I'll easily run through it.
Back on the hunt.
;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sweet sweet ammo

View attachment 125896

Scope mounts arrive today for my .224 Vakyrie build...I only have 100 or so rounds for it.
.224V is expensive.
Back on the hunt.
;)
Sweet sweet ammo

View attachment 125896

.224V is expensive.
Back on the hunt.
;)
Be Carefull
I just got burned by theses guys.
Doing buisiness as Amoryandguns(.)com
I lost a bid for some ammo on Gunbroker.
Then I found these guys on line they said they had ammo in stock they wrote up a invoice and emailed it to me.
After I sent the money I did my research and started discovering the suspicious mistakes I made.
My invoice from Amory and Guns should have been a clue. Armory spelled wrong.
Then at the bottem of paige is say's Kingler Wepons Store. So I really started to investigate then.
That is how I got to this Forum.
I sent payment by Zelle not knowing about this company. No Credit Cards accepted because it's to save 3 to 4% fees.
They sent me fake UPS Tracking #
Finaly after a week of me contacting them they Texted back that I need to now send them $360 for insurance before they will ship it. Text only now. They won't talk on the phone. I traced it and it goes to a Ohio number routed through a computer in Colorado so it can be anserwed from anywhere in the world.
Tracking dosn't work. I contacted UPS there is no site Ups-global.org.
It has Amory and Guns phone number and email for customer service. So in my haste to buy ammo I got ripped off for $500. I'm 67 not a idiot but not up to younger ways of doing things.
When I looked up Amoryandguns physical adress on bottem of webbsight it is listed as 9225 OH-14 Unit A, Streetsboro, OH 4424
Yet when I google this address it is a picture of Top Shot Firearms I called and talked with the owner he had know idea they are claiming his address. I will be caling the Better Buisiness Bureau and UPS about the Fake shipping site.
Not much will happen I'm sure.
Oh well live and learn I just don't want any others to get ripped off.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Be Carefull
I just got burned by theses guys.
Doing buisiness as Amoryandguns(.)com
I lost a bid for some ammo on Gunbroker.
Then I found these guys on line they said they had ammo in stock they wrote up a invoice and emailed it to me.
After I sent the money I did my research and started discovering the suspicious mistakes I made.
My invoice from Amory and Guns should have been a clue. Armory spelled wrong.
Then at the bottem of paige is say's Kingler Wepons Store. So I really started to investigate then.
That is how I got to this Forum.
I sent payment by Zelle not knowing about this company. No Credit Cards accepted because it's to save 3 to 4% fees.
They sent me fake UPS Tracking #
Finaly after a week of me contacting them they Texted back that I need to now send them $360 for insurance before they will ship it. Text only now. They won't talk on the phone. I traced it and it goes to a Ohio number routed through a computer in Colorado so it can be anserwed from anywhere in the world.
Tracking dosn't work. I contacted UPS there is no site Ups-global.org.
It has Amory and Guns phone number and email for customer service. So in my haste to buy ammo I got ripped off for $500. I'm 67 not a idiot but not up to younger ways of doing things.
When I looked up Amoryandguns physical adress on bottem of webbsight it is listed as 9225 OH-14 Unit A, Streetsboro, OH 4424
Yet when I google this address it is a picture of Top Shot Firearms I called and talked with the owner he had know idea they are claiming his address. I will be caling the Better Buisiness Bureau and UPS about the Fake shipping site.
Not much will happen I'm sure.
Oh well live and learn I just don't want any others to get ripped off.
Thats the second time you quoted me in reference to your ammo rant.

Im not sure what you are implying but you are about to get my full attention.

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
@Ammo57, welcome to the site from Tennessee.

Buyer BEWARE no matter how old or young you are!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Armory spelled wrong.
If spelling and grammar are a measure of an individual's integrity, then I am truly at a loss for words.

Be Carefull
theses
buisiness
on line
a invoice
bottem
paige
is say's
Finaly
a Ohio
anserwed
UPS there is
adress
bottem
webbsight
picture of Top Shot Firearms I called
had know idea

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Reload for 224 Valkyrie, that's what I do. It's a helleva lot cheaper that way!

Except the part about needing those pesky primers that have been out of stock everywhere for over a year.

Reloading right now isnt an option unless you are sitting on a stash of components that you are willing to burn through, knowing supplies arent available for the next foreseeable year or so.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
...I slowed down reloading myownself as I was "burning through" my reloading supplies (primers in particular) and as noted above; they be scarce as hen's teeth...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts