Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
589 Posts
I'm looking them also. I have a set truglo's on my UC2 and love them. Hopeully I n find some for the micro's

· Registered
24 Posts
Fusion Firearms has a Fiber Optic sight, but you will have to do some file work to get it to fit a Micro 9. I have done it on a couple of their front sights to make them fit my Micro 9. One tip- I ground the teeth off one side of a small 3 cornered file. That way you are only filing the area that needs it, and not filing up into the sight, as I did on the first one I tried doing. Live and Learn

· Registered
9,695 Posts
I would have gone with the night sights too. I have a few guns with fiber optics sights and they work great for range use but I wouldn't want them on a carry gun and I consider a Micro 9 a carry gun. When you buy a gun that comes with FO sights they always give you spare rods because they fall out after a while.

· Administrator
42,016 Posts
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Chris1130, how about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership?

· Registered
2 Posts
Micro 9 FO Night Sights fall out easy

I've had my Micro 9 since April. Came with FO front night sights. The green rod fell out first month of owning. Sent to Kimber for repair and adjustments, as this gun does not run good out of the box. Gun runs fine after repair, but the night sight FELL OUT AGAIN!.. Luckily I found it in my front shirt pocket and stuck it back in. I wonder if it will pop out again the next time it's fired.

· Registered
16,341 Posts
I've had my Micro 9 since April. Came with FO front night sights. The green rod fell out first month of owning. Sent to Kimber for repair and adjustments, as this gun does not run good out of the box. Gun runs fine after repair, but the night sight FELL OUT AGAIN!.. Luckily I found it in my front shirt pocket and stuck it back in. I wonder if it will pop out again the next time it's fired.
Welcome to the site from Tennessee.

· Administrator
42,016 Posts
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Natestain, how about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership?

· Registered
22 Posts
Front FO Keeps Falling Out

Found this thread investigating options for replacing my Micro 9 sights. Mine came with fiber optic front sight and original fell out in under 300 rounds. Replaced it myself with a new one and it didn't last five rounds.

Even though the second failure was probably due to my inexperience I no longer have any confidence in these and will be replacing them.

· Registered
52 Posts
I have installed a on the front. Dawson. It’s not listed on their website but its easy to file down to the correct size. Or have a gunsmith do it for you. They can also be ordered at different heights depending on your rear sight and available in red or green. Here is a photo of my build. If you search my build thread you will see more photos of the sight.

Attachments

· Registered
127 Posts
Replacing FO is about as hard as loading a magazine, and requires less force. My original FO on my Micro 9 are still going strong after 18 months carrying and 800-ish rounds. I did give 'em a little extra lighter time to bulge the rod end and tighten it up. If you can lace your shoes and operate scissors, you have the basic skills.

· Registered
1 Posts
Micro 9 FO Night Sights fall out easy

My suggestion is to use a pair of plyers to squeeze leading edge of rod to make slightly out of round so it will be tight when you push it in.

· Registered
16,341 Posts
@Twsvrcek, welcome to the site from Tennessee!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts