Kimber Talk Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
What he is referring to is the Swartz Safety common on all II models.. Or AKA.. the series 80 design 1911 from the "Save me from myself" Government mandates. You have to be really careful about reassembling the pistol without pressing in on the thumb safety activating the plunger thus the little pin comes up and will lock itself into the slide. A rap on the back of the slide with a rubber hammer will dislodge it, with a little luck no damage has been done to the slide or Swartz. They do make a kit to get rid of the Swartz altogether.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I field stripped my Kimber Custom II and cleaned and oiled it up.
When I started to put it back together, things got a little dicey. I proceeded on and now stopped because I can't get the slide stop back into the slide hole. There seems to be a small retractable pin as a part of the the thumb safety that i can't get it to retract to allow the slide stop to put in correctly.
I have been watching a video. But the camera angle doesn't allow me to analyze what exactly was done to accomplish this.
Any help would be appreciated!
Use a toothpick or very small instrument to push that spring loaded pin and hold it in, while you push the slide stop back into the frame. That is if I am understanding your query correctly. CC

21 - 23 of 23 Posts