Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LGS had 45, 40 and a couple of 9mm on the shelf, thought i was seeing things. Only selling one box of 50 per customer per day 45 auto 230gr $25.95 a box. Will go back tomorrow, might get another one.
:unsure:

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I have no idea what's on the shelves here. Last time I was in Cabella's they had piles of ammo everywhere just like always, that was quite awhile ago though. I haven't been back since, just assumed they wouldn't have anything. I maybe should have bought some then, but I had already switched to buying it online at that point.

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
The last time I was at the LGS they were also only allowing 1 box a day. 9mm was $26+ and 45 was 29+ per 50.

·
Registered
74 Posts
LGS had 45, 40 and a couple of 9mm on the shelf, thought i was seeing things. Only selling one box of 50 per customer per day 45 auto 230gr $25.95 a box. Will go back tomorrow, might get another one.
:unsure:
I ran across the same scenario yesterday. 9mm 115gr FMJ for $20 per box of 50. There was only one box left and I snagged it. A few other places in town have lots of ammo on there shelves at $44.95 per box of 50 and it doesn't seem to be moving. Hopefully people are tired of paying scalper prices.

·
Registered
839 Posts
All the new gun owners have bought their box 'O high prices ammo for their new .38, AR, or Glock.
They aren't building a stash, training, or shooting recreationally.
Ammo manufacturers have stepped up production, and Imported ammo is flowing for now.
It's starting to come back to shelves and it's not selling for a buck a round.
No one pinks at $1 per round.

Im suprised .45 is still scarce.
I thought only us old farts ran .45
😁

·
Registered
13,705 Posts
Let me lay it out for ya! Local reloader just over the Tennessee line in Georgia. They have ammo stacked on pallets in plastic ammo boxes. BUT check the prices!! Picture taken Feb.2021.
Ammo Price Feb 2021 (2).jpg
Ammo Price Feb 2021.jpg

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Don't know what all the fuss is about. Some of us out there (and you know who they are) are sitting on literally thousands of rounds of rifle and handgun ammo. There's a little known secret (apparently) that allows some of us to have this kind of inventory on hand most times. It's called........get ready.................

RELOADING!

Don't be an unwilling victim of ammo shortages, hoarding and empty shelves. Once this madness is over consider getting into it. Great pastime in the evenings, and you'll always "be ready". :)

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Don't know what all the fuss is about. Some of us out there (and you know who they are) are sitting on literally thousands of rounds of rifle and handgun ammo. There's a little known secret (apparently) that allows some of us to have this kind of inventory on hand most times. It's called........get ready.................

RELOADING!

Don't be an unwilling victim of ammo shortages, hoarding and empty shelves. Once this madness is over consider getting into it. Great pastime in the evenings, and you'll always "be ready". :)
Amen brother. And make sure you stock up on primers and powder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
839 Posts
I'm chasing primers more than factory ammo.
They are scarce right now.
When they come back I'm buying enough to last me the rest of my life.
I have a stash but hate to dip into it.
LGS will have more 9mm Friday.
:)
They have 1000rnd cases of Tula .556 for $700

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ammoseek shows a ton of steel stuff in stock, but there is some brand-name brass 9mm for less than 70 cents a round. Still sucks, but better than it has been in months. I've got enough for a while, but if prices ever get back to near normal I'll have a much bigger stock.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All the new gun owners have bought their box 'O high prices ammo for their new .38, AR, or Glock.
They aren't building a stash, training, or shooting recreationally.
Ammo manufacturers have stepped up production, and Imported ammo is flowing for now.
It's starting to come back to shelves and it's not selling for a buck a round.
No one pinks at $1 per round.

Im suprised .45 is still scarce.
I thought only us old farts ran .45
😁
Amen brother, .45 till the day i die

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Amen brother, .45 till the day i die
That's what I said for many years. Carried a .45 in RVN, have had one handy now for over 50 years. The is UNTIL I fired my first 1911 in 9mm.

After poo-poo'ing the nine for most of my life, I'm now a convert and have as many 9mm 1911's as I do .45's. Once you spend a day at your range shooting a 9mm 1911, you'll realize what you've been missing all this time. It's just plain fun!

I'm still a strong proponent of the .45 for SD, but there's a place for the nine now that the ammo has kept up with the times. Then there's the ammo cost........ It's good to have choices too, right?

So in the end, it's all about what makes us feel warm and fuzzy. I'm more confident when carrying one of my .45's, but I don't feel 'nekid' when I'm out and about with one of my nines on me now. Yes Loretta, old farts CAN carry a nine and be completely safe and warm and fuzzy inside.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
It's good to hear product is starting to appear on shelves. From what it sounds like plinking with anything centerfire isn't in my budget again just yet. I normally order from online vendors to save a few bucks but haven't seen anything I like product or price wise the last few times I looked. Thankfully I stocked up on .22 rimfire (just in case) so I can make holes in paper when I get the urge without depleting my centerfire inventory :)

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts