Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my first Kimber a KHX Ultra in 9mm. Does anyone have any clue what the current wait times are for special orders? The gun shop I went to said it could be a week to a year. I looked online and could not find this model from any reputable dealers so it looks like I will just be stuck waiting it out.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
...welcome to the forum from north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line...
...I have not seen a Kimber KHX Ultra 9mm on any of the sites that I go to...

Reactions: stockmaker

·
Registered
15,602 Posts
Welcome to the site from Tennessee.

Reactions: Oklahomabound

·
Administrator
41,143 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Dimondale, Mi.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
When the Mako was first released by Kimber, my wife wanted one for CCW.
I put a cash deposit down, had my LGS order one, and had to wait for almost 6 months.
Then on the day the fresh batch of Mako's were scheduled to arrive, the delivery driver said he had to send all of them back due to the recall, and didn't deliver any.
Waited another 3 weeks or so, and finally got one.
She loves it and it was well worth the wait.

My advice is to be patient, and buy more guns and ammo while you wait.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just ordered my first Kimber a KHX Ultra in 9mm. Does anyone have any clue what the current wait times are for special orders? The gun shop I went to said it could be a week to a year. I looked online and could not find this model from any reputable dealers so it looks like I will just be stuck waiting it out.
Welcome from Colorado! You probably don't want me to tell you that I ordered a full size KHX Custom in 9mm in November of 2020 and it showed up July 15, 2022- and it was worth the wait. However, I hear there is hope as they are beginning to get caught up. But yes, I think your local guy is right- between a week and a year...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome from Colorado! You probably don't want me to tell you that I ordered a full size KHX Custom in 9mm in November of 2020 and it showed up July 15, 2022- and it was worth the wait. However, I hear there is hope as they are beginning to get caught up. But yes, I think your local guy is right- between a week and a year...
Wow you have the patience of a saint. That is the longest wait time I have seen on any forums.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Wow you have the patience of a saint. That is the longest wait time I have seen on any forums.
Lol
8 months isn't that bad.
I'm on month 12 for a tax stamp on a .22lr suppressor.
Custom leather holster makers have wait times longer than 8 months.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts