Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The new to me FN Hi Power circa 1968 went to the range today for the first time:
Wood Road surface Floor Flooring Motor vehicle
Font Gas Wood Circle Space

...the pic on the left is the Hi Power and the target placement at the range today...
...the pic on the right is the results... ...loaded 2 15 round magazines and 1 13 round magazine and shot at the left target first; then reloaded the 3 magazines and shot at the target on the right... 43 rounds on each target... ...1st magazine was 2 handed, 2nd magazine was right handed, and third magazine was left handed. Felt recoil is minimal, and there were no FTF or FTE... ...left hand is the weak side...

I do believe that this 54 year old pistol is a keeper...

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Yup, great pistols, shoot like a house afire, look good doing it. I'd not stand out there at 50' and let you blaze away with yours. :eek:
My T-Series is a 1969 and is in no danger of going to a new home now or any time soon.
If you really want to get the most out of that little gem, good sights and removal of the silly magazine disconnect should be the first "to do" things on your list.
And remember, there's many reputable shops that can turn it into a 'real' shooter. As you know, Novak's was my choice, and I'd do it again. You'll love her even more when she comes home from the work......I know I did.

Nice pistol. I can almost feel your grin from here. And considering what you paid for her, color me envious. Good job!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts