Kimber Talk Forums banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
I will wait and see how it plays out. I see some pretty strongly conservative content posted above that didn't get "filtered" apparently. I dunno.

Reactions: Oklahomabound

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Ah yes, the genius of AI censorship. Usually wrong, but isn't that error ratio a small price to pay for security? Words are violence, after all... you can never be too careful!

Reactions: Oklahomabound

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
(y)To this 'modern' KT software and 2021 improvements.
(y)Congrats Administration

The old KT software.
🖕

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
It just occurred to me that disliking posts isn't an option anymore. Was it ever?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
...so what specific words is the AI filtering out... ...is it any that I use daily? ...will I have to learn a whole new set of words to be socially acceptable to the far left?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Please tell me you typed that out yourself on purpose for humor.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I have watched over the last year and a half or so as one by one, the ten or so forums I'm on have moved away from the then prevalent software that I liked and was familiar with to this one; this is the last "forum to fall" in my bookmarks. I understand the reasons they all gave for the change, some of them I find valid and some I do not- different people have different priorities.
REGARDless, at this point I am as acclimated as I'm going to get to the new format, and haven't really commented on the change here at all because I'm already used to it. That having been said, the talk of censorship concerns me, as this is the ONLY forum that a change to this software seems to have been accompanied by any kind of additional nannystate harassment. Ergo, it is not an inherent property of this new format that we have no choice but to accept, ergo, whatever admin is setting it up has decided to implement these shenanigans. Which begs the question: why? If the IT admins didn't feel it was necessary to Tipper Gore the users of the various car and motorcycle forums I've spent the last decade and a half on when they "upgraded" to this phone-app looking interface, why on a gun forum? I'd like to think that gun enthusiasts would be at the top of the list of libertarian groups. Now, I have yet to be censored here so the only evidence I have that it's happening is other user's posts, hence my question. If this is all much ado about nothing, it is in the best interest of everyone to have it clarified and cleared up sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
That's not an answer, Rusty.
Ok, ok. Don't go all 'Nooga on us. It's just a joke. I was pullin' your leg. The Red Lettered Infraction Counter is just a figment of my imagination. Actually, an automated system to filter out potty mouth users isn't a bad idea. We have women and children here, and even Chuck can't monitor us 24/7. He needs at least a couple hours a day to sleep.

·
Registered
13,714 Posts
Hi Marshall, welcome to the dark side.

I love *******, I guess if they deem that bad then they won't like my dogs name is Kracker!

Reactions: Marshall

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
No, Kracker is fine... you can't be racist against white people.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
...Hemingway and Steinbeck both used what would be considered "potty language" liberally to "color" the characters??? I suppose we should expect a "death by a thousand cuts" in the looming political climate???
Out of curiosity can you still say "nucking futs" here???

·
Super Moderator
37,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I still want to know if it was the forum software or an administrator that decided that Phil was using a racist term. From the sounds of his last post he might not be returning here. I PM'd an administrator about this the other day but haven't heard anything back.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts